Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Sorry Everyone! Couldn't Resist Posting This!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,398 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 08:40 PM

This is interesting to say the least!
http://indianapolis....4072975273.html

Eric

image.jpg

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 08:46 PM

He may have killed the ones in the nest, but I bet there are some ready to hatch that the spray didnt get. Best thing to do is bag them and spray another 1/2 can in the bag, seal it up and let it set for a couple weeks. Maybe then I might trust it.

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 08:53 PM

I for one do not think it is creepy.  It is scary. 

There isn't much I am afraid of.  I do some stupid risky things.  But bees, hornets, and wasps, are my natural enemies. 

The only thing I use to kill them is a can of ether or 2+2 gum cutter.  Why you ask?  That stuff makes them roll over instantly.  I had one land on my arm while I was killing a nest on an engine.  I spun that can of ether around and zapped that sucker instantly.  He curled up before he had time to sting.  Thank goodness. 

What's more, in case the worst happens and the hornets over produce the spraying capabilities, pull out a match and you all go to wherever you are bound. 

Ben W.

#4 WHdbJD OFFLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 582 Thanks
  • 453 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I cut a hornet nest out of my barn on a cold January day and covered it with straw outside....one match and it soon became ash.

#5 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,210 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I like to know how you found this on CL.......

#6 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 09:48 PM

I can't believe the guy wants a hundred bucks for it, but, there is a sucker born every minute...

#7 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Member No: 10327
  • 4,442 Thanks
  • 3,990 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 02:21 AM

In germany hornets are protected. This summer I only saw some of them and they were realy peaceful - so why I should kill this animal. They belong longer to mother earth then the speaking apes...

#8 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 04:00 AM

Around these parts they are very very aggressive and will not hesitate to sting the living snot out of you.1 Sting and the whole hive will be on you within a mater of seconds.

I had to deal with the pesky critters daily down at the farm.After we got rid of our livestock,for the most part,We started a fairly big Christmas tree farm and they LOVE to build Huge nests in pine trees.And those darn big Yellow Jackets would build nests in the soft ground,with pine needles covering 100% of the ground you can easily step on a big nest.

I've been stung more times than I can count and it hurts like heck.Good thing I'm not allergic to them but my brother is and they put him in the hospital twice.

That's one of the reasons we moved away from the farm.My 2 uncles and my aunt still run the tree farm.I go down and lend them a hand with trimming every couple of months.

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 05:57 AM

Late August, early September they attack without provocation around here. You learn to watch for them.
I was swarmed once as a youngster by a ground nest and it made a believer out of me.
Over the years, Many, many people have been hospitalized and some with allergies have been killed.

#10 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 06:13 AM

In germany hornets are protected. This summer I only saw some of them and they were realy peaceful

Around these parts they are very very aggressive and will not hesitate to sting the living snot out of you.

Obviously, wasps are just like people. They shouldn't be profiled. Know your enemies!

#11 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,398 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 06:59 AM

I found this while perusing the farm/garden section of Clist.

I've had some bad experiences with these. I climbed a tree when I was a kid with one hanging in it. Luckily I only got stung a couple times. I don't think I've ever run so fast in my life. $100, really? I'm sure I could find my own for less lol.

Eric

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

#12 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Most of the ones in my area are 25' in the air on the end of a branch.