#16 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 506 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 09:54 PM

Anything extra when you pulled the head? Carbon, etc.

Not that t wouldnt have been there from normal use.  A little bit of residue (guy put a little 2-cycle in by accident).

• MH81 said thank you

#17 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 01:08 PM

I seen your selling your 10hp Diesel.Why don't you put it in one of the Suburbans?

Ethan is getting the HH120 out of my 1254.It runs but it has a pretty good knock above 1/2 throttle and smokes like a chimney.It will need rings and a rod but it does run.I ran it for a good 2 hours and the smoke didn't clear up.You might want to ask him what he wants for it if you need a good HH120 block.

Ethan is coming out here either today or tomorrow.I got a parts tractor off of him that will be a donating it's engine,hood and a few other parts onto the Bolens 1254.

• Dane in PA said thank you

#18 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 506 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 03:07 PM

I seen your selling your 10hp Diesel.Why don't you put it in one of the Suburbans?

Ethan is getting the HH120 out of my 1254.It runs but it has a pretty good knock above 1/2 throttle and smokes like a chimney.It will need rings and a rod but it does run.I ran it for a good 2 hours and the smoke didn't clear up.You might want to ask him what he wants for it if you need a good HH120 block.

Ethan is coming out here either today or tomorrow.I got a parts tractor off of him that will be a donating it's engine,hood and a few other parts onto the Bolens 1254.

Ethan and I don't talk anymore.  He did me dirty and well, I called him out for it.  It would be too hard to repower one of these two without some of the parts I would need.  :deadhorse:   I don't think it would be enough to power the big deck through out grass either.  It's pretty long.

Edited by Dane M., September 23, 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#19 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Here's a Suburban with a 10hp Diesel in it.Seems to have Plenty of power.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:02 PM

There was a oil burner at PA PLOW DAY loaded in a Sears. He seemed to do pretty well with the 10" plow he had. I think it was a 10horse, but not sure.

#21 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 506 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:17 PM

If I were to put it in one, it would be one for ground engagement.  I won't put it on anything that runs off of the PTO.

• MH81 said thank you