2 replies to this topic

#1 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hi All,
Tried installing my tiller today model # 70-2773 on my 1618 and well it didn't want to go on it. I need a owners manual for the tiller. The whole unit seemed to be too far to the right and the top link which is fixed seems to be too short. The top of the tiller was hitting the fuel tank before the link was in far enough. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ummmm!  I don't know this product, BUT, seems like the whole shroud is on wrong or ?? Wouldn't be on top of tiller but on front or back and in way when mounted???  Didn't you get one of Larry Goss's drives for info?  Should be in there, I will look. Not sure how to put on here though if I find stuff. Far as being offset, some tillers I've seen are that way to cover tire packing tracks I believe. Usually tho on smaller tillers that are not the width of tractor. This one seems pretty wide.

#3 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 04:58 PM

In the photo the tiller is on the ground the shield is in the back as my brochure shows. The tiller is 48" wide and covers the tire width. I'm just not sure why the center link is off to the right by at least an 1 1/2 . I did get Larry's thumb drive but I didn't see the newer FG tiller ill have too look again.

Thanks
Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg