#16 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,378 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 05:44 AM

Here are a couple of a deck I sold in the spring.

P1010733.JPG P1010736.JPG

• Alc said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,420 Thanks
  • 4,891 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 09:30 AM

Guys, I was looking through an industrial mag we get here at work, this company was advertising in the back. If someone wants to do some research, this maybe a possible company to get these deck parts from. Not sure if they carry belts that would work, but the pulleys maybe promising. Who knows, send them some pulleys and belts, they maybe able to make something.

• ducky and MH81 have said thanks

#18 cchap45 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6595
  • 82 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 12:03 PM

unless they are unique, you should just neet to know the pitch, belt width, bore and #of teeth and should be able to order standard timing belt pullies.  Has anyone checked McMaster Carr, Reid tool supply or Carr Lane? 

#19 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,462 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 12:10 PM

You can find the pulleys, the problem is getting the spline right in the center. I have been doing some research on these for a good while. I can get them made, but they are too expensive to use or sell.

• ducky said thank you

#20 cchap45 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6595
  • 82 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 02:12 PM

I see.  I will be heading down this road this winter as I just picked up a 1650 and plan on going through the deck this winter.

In the past I have "cheated" on some splines several ways.  I have wire burned the female spline, that got a bit expensive. Or we had a broach made by the same method, again that was expensive. The cheap way was to make a broach out of an old shaft, that worked ok in soft material.  Not perfect but cheaper than having a run at the local gear company.

Any thought about reproducing or modifying the shaft to match up with an available pully?

• ducky said thank you

#21 ducky OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,535 Thanks
  • 3,783 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 07:45 PM

What I have found is that the 41 tooth sprocket that Massey used is not a standard configuration.  I was able to have a shop make that 41 tooth stock and plan on making these to replace any worn pulleys.  That way all exsisting parts will still work with the new pulleys.  I am going to broach the internal spline to fit the exsistiing blade shafts.  I do not have a solid # but I do feel these will be quite reasonabley priced.  The first run of pulley stock had a flaw in the base matterial and they are running it again so I am still waiting on some of the parts to make this all come together.

We are in the height of Poo hauling and chopping corn silage up here right now so bear with me till we can get all the parts together to make this happen.

• olcowhand, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#22 ENafziger OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45112
  • 253 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 08:31 AM

^^^ That'd be great!!!  No hurry here...I plan on keeping my deck forever, so anytime in the next 40 years or so will be fine! :D