ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 3,867 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 01:08 PM

The age old question.

Has anybody found a manufacturer that would make the 41 tooth  8mm curviliniar cog pulley.  I am in the proccess of looking now.  Just wondering if any body may have done this already? 

I can find 40 tooth pulleys at quit a few places but I an not sure the OEM belt will work.  It may be to long.  I am trying to find the combination that will still allow us to use any of our serviceable OEM parts so we would only have to buy the parts we need.  I have a few inquires in for pricing for a 41 tooth with the 9 spline on a 25mm shaft.

I quess if someone rebuilt a deck they would go with all new pulleys and belts as they would wear much better by being matched.  Then a person could go with the standard 40 cog pulley and a shorter belt.  Then ebay any of the servicable parts left over.

I did just order a new double wide pulley so I can get some tooth dimensions and possibly make them myself.  I just recently aquired access to a mill and a lathe.  Now I guess need to become a machinist.

If I made them or had them manufactured I feel there would be quite a demand for them.  The double pulley costs $170.00.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• ENafziger said thank you

#2 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,485 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 07:54 AM

You are right, it is an age old question. Not sure if we will find an answer, but you would think there has got to be a pulley out there somewhere we could use. 

There is a sticky how one guy modded his deck to be able to use standard V bulleys and not have to worry about timing, but it looked like major fabrication.

Only other source is finding used ones

• ducky said thank you

#3 ENafziger OFFLINE  

ENafziger
  • Member No: 45112
  • 254 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 09:47 AM

I've looked at this a little, but not extensively yet as my pulleys are still hanging in there.  Some of the things I've looked at:

These are pretty reasonable, but would need an adapter made for the center shaft.

http://www.youngsind...SH-HTD-Sprocket

These people may be willing to run a batch of custom pulleys like we need.  The list a re-bore alteration at $40.  Maybe if they did a run of 100 of them or so, the price would come down significantly.

http://www.maurey.co..._PITCH_2004.pdf

--Eric

• ducky said thank you

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 11:03 PM

Ducky, I have a brand new set of pulleys if you or anybody needs them to use for a pattern.....if a guy could make some out of cast steel they would last alot longer! Luke
  • ENafziger said thank you

#5 ENafziger OFFLINE  

ENafziger
  • Member No: 45112
  • 254 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Ducky, I have a brand new set of pulleys if you or anybody needs them to use for a pattern.....if a guy could make some out of cast steel they would last alot longer! Luke

If you have access to a 3D scanner, it would be great to get a CAD model of these before they are used.  I've had thoughts of getting a 3D printer for making parts like this.

--Eric

#6 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• Member No: 7799
  • 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 04:32 PM

I posted on a car forum for the machining in aluminum.  I can't find the thread where he is requesting ideas for small run parts.  I'll let you know when I hear back from him.  SAVE one of those brand new ones for him!

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 07:39 AM

I have no idea where I'd find someone with a 3D scanner around here!? I have no plan on using these pulleys since I converted a ingersoll deck to fit my MF 1655.
Pianotuner.......let me know if that guy needs them!

Luke

#8 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 08:07 AM

I just asked him on the auto forum so we will wait......and see if he wants to make them.

#9 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,485 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 08:31 AM

I have no idea where I'd find someone with a 3D scanner around here!? I have no plan on using these pulleys since I converted a ingersoll deck to fit my MF 1655.
Pianotuner.......let me know if that guy needs them!

Luke

Pictures of that would be cool to see. Maybe more of us that need to find other brand parts and modify to work on our tractors.

#10 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 3,867 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thanks to all that got back.

I like the Scanner idea.  Could a 3D scanner make them out of a material that would stand up?

It rained here so had to stutdown poo hauling. I was able to get down to my bearing supplier and show him what I had in mind.  He got back to me and was able to find a machine shop that can make the pulley stock in 2 foot lengths of a tough plastic that they recommend for this application at a resonable price. These are 41 tooth so they will work with all exsisting parts.  I have 3 pieces on order and looking into getting the spline brouched into them and locating the guides for the side of the pulleys. 

• olcowhand, coldone, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#11 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 09:40 PM

TAHOE,
When I get a chance I'll take and post some pictures of my modified RM60 ingersoll deck to MF 1655 for ya to check out......it's going on two years of mowing and so far has worked great!

Luke
  • ducky and TAHOE have said thanks

#12 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 08:24 AM

CNC guy apparently not interested.

#13 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 04:58 PM

That's a bummer!

Luke

#14 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 3,867 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 01:48 AM

CNC guy apparently not interested.

I would love to get a CNC guy in on this. 

#15 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,451 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 05:35 AM

Would someone post what this deck looks like aith the timimg pulleys on it , I've been reading this thread since it was started but am having a hard time imagining what it looks like , Thanks Al

• IamSherwood said thank you