• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Robert, you guys continue to be in my thoughts. I hope CJ and you get some bonding time. We all joke about "Tractor Therapy", but I know it has done a lot of positive things for my son's and my relationship.
  • KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#107 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 10:19 AM

Robert,  I sure hope you and CJ have a great time at plow day.  It will do both of you good to get away and especially you.  I know for me dealing with family problems and then add in the extended family and their issues at times it can be very frustrating and overwhelming and I don't have is nearly as much as you do. 

Thanks for taking the time to update us on everything.  We will continue to think about you and your family and pray for a good outcome.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#108 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Robert, prayers still sent from here every day.  :thumbs:   If I didn't have so much going on here, I'd be down there next weekend plowing with you guys, but it's not meant to be this year.

#109 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Robert will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I believe the Lord works in mysterious ways, so will pray that for Kimme.

Have a good time at the plow day and enjoy having your son as your travel and plowing partner. I am sure it will do both of you good.

May it be a great experience for you both!

#110 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 12:27 AM

We're all pulling for you and your family, Robert. Have a great plowday with your son.

#111 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 12:21 PM

might want to pray that I dont kill CJ this weekend.........just kidding......once he gets on the tractor he will be out of my hair for a while........until he decides that he wants to plow with my 430......lol

• sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#112 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Well it has been another WHIRLWIND WEEK.  CJ and I left for the Alabama Plow Day about 11am from the warehouse(Kimme brought him to me to that I wouldnt have to back track the 30 miles home and then head out.  We got to plow Friday afternoon and Saturday.  I talked to Kimme several times over the weekend and she assured me that she was feeling fine other than being tired.  Well CJ and I got home about 4:45 Saturday afternoon and Kimme was sitting in her usual spot on the couch.  As always, I asked how she was feeling when I walked through the door and was told "OK".  Well about 8pm her mother called and I was half way listening but not really paying attention but I heard a lot of "Yes mama I will" and I heard her mention having difficulty breathing at times.  As soon as she hung up the phone and laid it back on the table, it rang again.  It was her mother and she asked to speak to ME this time.  This is not a normal occurrence unless she knows that Kimme cant talk so I KNEW something was up.  I answered the phone and the first thing out of her mothers mouth was "Robert, PLEASE make sure that she calls the DR" and she proceeded to tell me what Kimme had told her about having difficulty breathing.  And as mothers do, you starts "self diagnosis" over the phone about Kimme with kind of pissed me off but I just let her ramble between sobs.  As soon as I got off of the phone, I handed it back to her and demanded that she call her Dr. While she was waiting on the Dr to call back she started explaining to me about the tightness in her chest and not being able to take a DEEP breath.  Once the Dr called back, he told her that since she was having a hard time taking a deep breath that he felt like she had a LOT of fluid build up that needed to be drained, and that she needed to get to the ER and that he would call and have her admitted.  He had planned to have the fluid drained Sunday morning but changed his mind after seeing her in the hospital room.  A lot of the pressure had gone away and she was feeling better but he was still concerned.  He told her that she could go home Monday morning as long as she didnt have anymore issues.  Monday morning I talked to her on the phone while I was at work and we were discussing my plans to pick her up after I got off work at 11.  I sent her a text message about 10:20 and told her that I would be there about 11:15 but that message went un-answered, so I figured that she was resting.  I tried to call her while on my way to the hospital to see if she wanted me to bring her anything to eat for lunch.  That call went unanswered as well but I wasnt too worried as I was only 5 mins away.  Once I got to the hospital, I walked into her room to find an empty bed. She had mentioned them running an ultrasound before they discharged her so I assumed that was where she was and went to the nurse's station to verify that.  About 11:45 or so, they bring her back to her room and while she is trying to get out of the wheel chair and back in the bed, she tells me that they had just drained THREE LITERS of fluid out of her abdominal cavity and that she was TOTALLY shocked when they told her that they were going to drain the fluid while doing the ultra sound. They didnt mention draining the fluid until she asked why they were putting marks on her tummy.  I am glad that they drained the fluid but they could have at least told her that they were at least considering it instead of waiting until they are prepping her for the procedure.  The surgeon had also mentioned getting her Chemo started while she was in the hospital but her Oncologist quickly shot down that idea and told her that they were going to stick to the original appointment today.  So, as I am sitting here typing this, she is getting her first chemo treatment. We are hoping and praying that she does well with this treatment.  Her oncologist also made the suggestion yesterday that she file for her disability because she really didnt see her going back to work full time in the next 6 months and I tend to agree that she needs to get all of the rest that she can and that would allow her to stop worrying about the financial aspect for right now.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#113 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Both you guys have been in my thoughts. I almost posted to the thread last night for updates, but my ADD kicked in and I got distracted.

Sorry to hear the whirlwind is still ongoing, hoping it all goes well today and for the duration of the treatment.

#114 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 01:47 PM

Both you guys have been in my thoughts. I almost posted to the thread last night for updates, but my ADD kicked in and I got distracted.

Sorry to hear the whirlwind is still ongoing, hoping it all goes well today and for the duration of the treatment.

I had actually sat down and typed out a big old long post Saturday night while I was at the hospital with Kimme and "thought" that I had hit the post button before I closed my laptop.............well turns out that I didnt........lol  Oh well life goes on.

#115 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the update Robert.  We continue to pull for Kimme.  Please give her our best wishes.

#116 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 06:42 PM

Prayers for you folks, Robert. We're still here hoping to hear good news!

#117 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 07:18 PM

Robert, you're all going through so much, I feel for you all.  I've never met Kimme, but feel I know her through you.  I know the chemo will be tough, but she can do it!  You all can get through this.  Keep the faith strong my friend!  Prayers sent faithfully.

#118 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 04:32 PM

Robert, thanks or the update. I keep watching this thread, hoping for changes, but not changes like this! Prayers will continue from here............................................................

#119 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 05:00 AM

Well it seems that we cant catch a break anymore............About 4 pm today Kimme called me (I was helping the brother in law fly his hot air balloon) and told me that she was freezing and could not get warm.  She was shaking so bad that it scared her.  I headed home shortly after the phone call and called to check on her and she said that she was feeling fine then.  Well, I get home and everything seems to have gotten back to normal until about an hour or so later when she started getting cold again.  She was sitting on the couch with THREE blankets and quilts wrapped around her.  She got up and went in the kitchen to try to eat some supper, and while she was up, I took her blankets and quilts and put them in the dryer to heat them up.  She only ate about two bites and said that was all that she could eat.  I put her back on the couch and covered her up with the HOT blankets and she seemed to be doing fine.  We checked her blood pressure about 7pm and according to my BP Meter, it was 186/137 and her heart rate was 40.  I didnt think that was right so I checked it again and her blood pressure was a little lower and her heart rate was up to 80.  The first two measurements were taken on her left arm so I tried the right arm and the meter wouldnt even read it.  While I was attempting to figure out what was going on, her mother called and I had to get off the phone with her so that I could call the paramedics.  We have taken her to the fire station that is about a mile from my house on several occasions before and they told us that they would be glad to come to the house and that it wouldnt cost us anything so I called them to check her BP and when they got there, they couldnt get a reading on her left arm with the Manual Cuff so they hooked her right arm up to a $22,000.00 monitoring machine, her BP was fine but her heart rate was 153 beats per minute........that is almost TWICE the normal heart rate!.  Just about that time the ambulance pulled up in front of the house and I told her that she was going to the ER.  Once we got to the ER, they ran blood test (that was an adventure in itself because they could get blood out of the Chemo Port) they told us that one of the test that they ran was showing a HIGH likelyhood that she had blood clots somewhere.  Well they take her down and do a CT scan and come back and tell me that she has small blood clots in BOTH lungs now.  They have admitted her to the hospital AGAIN and have started her on blood thinners to hopefully get rid of the clots.  They did say that there was no danger of them moving to any other part of her body so that was a glimmer of hope in this MONSOON of other issues. They have already given her two different meds and the nurse did say that it would probably take about 3 days for them to get enough in her blood stream to really start working like it is supposed to.  So, she is going to be here until at least Monday if not longer. 

It just seems like everytime that we think that she is going to start making a good recovery, something else comes along to knock her back down about 10 notches!  I am getting to the point that I am afraid to leave her alone!

Sorry to bring such bad news but I wanted to let everyone know what was going on and to ask that you keep praying for HER especially as well as the rest of our family.  We ARE going to beat this!  I cant even think about what life would be like without my best friend and wife!  We have been through so much in the last 16 years and we have always been able to get through it and I cant imagine being without her!

Thanks to everyone here that has been praying for us!

• Gtractor, MH81, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#120 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,316 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 05:46 AM

Robert, sounds familiar to me & our family..  My uncle is stage 4 also..  She is suffering the fight of her life and it does seem like a whirlwind to you with all that is going on..  Please accept my hopes & prayers that your wife Kimmie will make a turn for the better real soon.  It sounds like you have a ton on your mind and it is getting to be overbearing from your post..  Take a breath or two and keep your faith in God that he will help you out..    

Stay positive and know that you and the kids and the rest of your family is in our thoughts & prayers today and every day as you fight this..

t0819.gif  t0819.gif  t0819.gif  t0819.gif  t0819.gif

• MH81, HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks