#91 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 04:44 AM

Glad to hear there is some good stuff happening. It really helps make the rest more bearable.

#92 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Good to hear some positive things are happening! Will continue to keep you and Kimme in my prayers.

#93 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 07:31 AM

Great you guys got some alone time. That's important.
:thumbs: on you getting kid time too. Glad to hear it.

#94 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Robert, your last update sure put a smile on my face!  :thumbs:

#95 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 11:05 AM

Really good news Robert!  I know how hard it is to find some alone time when one is in the hospital.  I'm glad you all found the time to enjoy one another.  These milestones are the ones you will keep for a life time. I'm happy for the both of you!

#96 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Robert I don't know what your spiritual background is but I can say mine is very strong. I have seen God move miraculously in these situations. Living by faith in God we have to grasp those things no matter how little they are & hold on to them disregarding all the negative. I have the up most respect for people in the medical profession...they are special people who devote their entire lives to keeping us all healthy. They can only do so much but our God can do all things. It sounds like you & your wife are doing very good considering what your going through. This is a good thing being there for each other & your family. It sounds like your an awesome father & husband. I know you have your down times but we want to keep you in our prayers also along with your wife & family. Be strong my friend & grasp those little things that are good regardless of the bad news you hear. God Bless.

• olcowhand, MH81, HDWildBill and 4 others have said thanks

#97 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well I got kind of lazy with my posting yesterday but I spent some much needed "quality time" with both of my kids. They were having a small fair at the Middle School so I took them and let them ride some rides. After they rode all that they wanted to ride, I brought them up to the hospital to visit with Kimme for a while but it wound up being bad timing.  She was having some kind of reaction to the pain medicine and they had given her a big dose of Benadryl through her IV and she was pretty much OUT......lol  We stayed about 15-20 minutes and left so that she could get some rest.  I took the kids to one of my favorite mexican restaurants for dinner.  After dropping them off, I went back to the house and vegetated in my recliner until I fell asleep.  I finally woke up enough to get in my bed for the rest of the night.

Now........for the KIMME updates....lol    As of right now, she has gotten rid of all of her "tubes" with the exception of one IV........she had two IV's at one time. They brought her Grilled Chicken, Broccolli and Rice for lunch.  This is first solid food that she has had since Tuesday and was a VERY WELCOMED meal.  She had sent me a text message this morning and told me that she was having "real food" for lunch and requested Cheese Cake be brought to her.  Well, being the AWESOME husband that I am, I went out of my way to go the Cheesecake Factory and get her a big ole slice of Reese's Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cake Cheese Cake.  I could have very easily just stopped a couple of blocks from the hospital and picked up slice of regular ole cheesecake at Captain D's but you how that is.  Had to earn the EXTRA brownie points while I can........ :thumbs:   She is doing really well, they took her off of the pain medicine pump and she hasnt had ANYTHING for pain since early this morning.  She has been up walking the hall four times today.  She is still a little bit limited as to how and where she can bend because of the staples in her belly.  I told my daughter that it looked like a zipper wihout the zipper pull but I couldnt convincer her to look at it :rolling: I am going to spend the night at the hospital again tonight to make sure that I am here when the Dr comes by in the morning and hopefully releases her to go home.  Who knows, might even sit and hold hands while we watch TV again. :rocker2:

• olcowhand, DH1, powerking56 and 8 others have said thanks

#98 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Great news again Robert!   I know it's raising all your spirits! 

#99 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 01:42 PM

We are waiting for Kimme to be discharged.........I wish I could say that it was "patiently" but I have lost pretty much all of my patience for today.  The surgeon wanted her to stay until today so that HE could see her before she left but I guess he has been tied up in surgery all day long.  I am going to give him a little while longer and then they might have to sedate ME.....lol

• MH81, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#100 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Sorry to hear you gotta wait, reat to hear she is up and moving and ready to go home.

My wife had those zippers...twice with her C-sections. :D  They gave me the little pliers type tool so I removed them at home. :thumbs:

#101 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hope you are all home by now, or at least on your way!

#102 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 04:44 PM

I've been thought that waiting on the Doctor to do the release thing!  Like Daniel said hope you are on your way home by now.

#103 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Great news! Prayers still coming daily for you, your wife and family. 

Geno

#104 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 05:01 PM

My wife and I send our belated prayers !   Good to see that things are looking up. 

#105 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 08:08 AM

Figured that I would update everyone on Kimme's condition. She has had a slow recovery from surgery and has not yet returned to work.  She has had issues with fluid retention (she gained 35 pounds while in the hospital) as well as just being exhausted.  She is trying to be as active as she can be but it dont take much to wear her out.  She makes herself get up and walk around the house for 15 minutes at the time as often as she can handle. We have met with the Oncologists and got some bad news, her cancer is stage 4(the surgeon had told us stage 3). On top of all of that, there is still a possibility that the tumor could restrict the blood flow in the artery.  We are praying that the Chemo will start working to shrink the tumor and eventually dissolve it but there is no guarantee there. She was discharged from the hospital two weeks ago today and we are now back at the hospital for them to place the porta-cath for her to start her chemo treatments.  She will start chemo NEXT week. The last week or so has had ME in a tailspin with everything that has been going on.  In addition to Kimme's cancer, my sister in law I(whom I am VERY close to) was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a lumpectomy and she starts radiation therapy next week.  We have been dealing with behavioral issues with my son CJ and we buried an uncle last Sunday.  He passed away from complications from surgery on his broken hip.  SO...........as you can tell, life has been CHAOTIC at best but hopefully things will begin to calm down and we can get back to some sort of a "normal" life for a while.  Relief is in site for me at least since the Alabama Plow Day is coming up this weekend.  I am going to be taking CJ with me for some VERY MUCH needed Father/Son quality time together.  We had planned to get my old JD 400 out and get it ready so that CJ could plow with it but life got in the way of that so he will plowing on my 112H Round Fender and I will be plowing on my 430 (I will probably have to share some seat time with CJ but that is fine too) It will be good to "get away from life" for a while and just enjoy our time together.  It has been several years since the last time that CJ and I got to plow together.  I have several tractor related projects in the works that CJ and I will work on together to try to get our relationship back to where it needs to be. Top priority right now is the new hayrack that has to be ready for the Christmas Parade on December 7th.  I have the chassis sitting in my shed and have the lumber, just have to find the time to get it all put together.

We are trying to keep positive about all of the things that are going on, but as you know, sometimes it still gets a little bit overwhelming. Please continue to keep our family in your prayers as we continue the fight. And I will never be able to express just how much all of your prayers and words of encouragement and support have meant to the both of us!

Thanks again

Robert & Kimme

• NUTNDUN, KennyP, sacsr and 4 others have said thanks