• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:41 AM

Wow, wasn't ready to read that. Never met you both, but just from the forum we all become family.

Prayers for Kimme, you and family.

I work with my wife's cousin, his wife has been going through the same thing since June of 2012, she had cervical cancer that also got into lymph, stomach lining, and liver/kidneys. Seems like she is always on chemo and her counts goup and down, but she is still her with us.

Praying the port and meds will knock this cancer out and she can recover.

Marty, prayers for your family as well.  Glad she's still with you all & fighting it.

• TAHOE said thank you

#77 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:43 AM

Robert, you guys keep hanging in there.  The docs can do wondrous things, sometimes wondrous things happen without the docs too. My heart & prayers go out to you guys.

#78 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:49 AM

This thread brough tears to my eyes....

I hope all goes well for you guys.  I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and hope for the best.

• olcowhand and EricR have said thanks

#79 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:00 AM

I admire your strength and courage. We are pulling for yas and you will be in our thoughts and prayers as well from this part of PA.

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#80 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:46 AM

As others have said, my wife and I are praying for you both, for wisdom, for healing and for the strength to move forward.

#81 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:53 AM

Robert, my wife , Eggman and I are pulling for you and your family. My in-laws have put you and Kim on their prayer list as well. 

#82 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Was sorry to hear the news this morning, but I still truly believe "with God, all things are possible".....I will continue to pray for her healing.

#83 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 12:48 PM

MH81............the surgery wasnt actually an "exploratory" surgery per say.  The original intent was to remove the tumor but once they determined that it was attached to the artery, they decided to do the by-pass because there was no medical benefit of disturbing the artery because of the HIGH Risk associated with that type of surgery.  They bypassed that section of intestine because there was a major obstruction that was causing other problems.  Since the cancer is already in her lymph nodes, she is going to have to undergo Chemo therapy anyway.  We are perfectly fine with that decision given the facts but that doesnt change the fact that we werent expecting that outcome.  I have the UPMOST faith in her medical staff and I know that she has the best care in the WORLD!  St Vincents Hospital in very involved in all aspects of Cancer research and treatment and in fact are in the early stages of construction on a new Cancer Center.

Things are progressing each day as she was able to get out of the bed and sit in a chair. She is about to get a bath as I type this. They are going to have her waling the halls today and are also going to remove the tube in her stomach.  She has been pretty much pain free for most of the day so that is another plus.

More updates later as I have time.

• olcowhand, powerking56, Alc and 9 others have said thanks

#84 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thank you for the update, we will continue to keep you folks in our prayers.

#85 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:18 PM

That's good news in your update Robert.  I expect more of the good progress reports.  Keep up the faith....it's working!

#86 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Appreciate the update, Robert. Hang in there, you have lots of support!

#87 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for the update Robert.  Glad to hear she is starting to get up and move around.  We continue to hope and pray for you and Kimme.

• EricR said thank you

#88 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm glad to hear a good progress report for you folks.

#89 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Kimme has made GREAT progress today.  NO PAIN for the most part of the day!! They removed the tube in her stomach, and they removed the catheter so she is able to get up and move around a lot easier.  She was able to get up and walk the halls several times today. Tommorow she will be able to eat something besides popsicles and ice chips for the first time in 5 days.  The Surgeon is stll be very cautious with her and is wanting her to stay until Monday so that he can see her again before she is discharged.  I guess even Dr's take a day off every now and then.......lol  She has been in real good spirits today which is a HUGE thing. We sat and watched tv for a little while tonight and held hands and that meant a lot to both of us because we really havent had a lot of "alone" time this week. I am spending the night with her again tonight after letting her sister stay last night so that I could take my son to the football game where he was playing in the band.  It was nice to be able to spend a little bit of time with him.  I took my daughter to her football game Tuesday night so that she could Cheer.  I havent seen much of either one of them since Monday but I am planning to bring them both to the hospital tomorrow or Sunday and then take them to the carnival at the school. It might not have been a lot of time that we got to spend together but it was QUALITY time.  Hopefully Monday we can start getting back to a "normal" life if that is even possible anymore but I am looking forward to having her at home and being able to hold her.

Ok enough of the mushy sentimental stuff.......lol  Like Daniel said, All of the prayers have been working and today has been AWESOME!

• olcowhand, powerking56, sacsr and 5 others have said thanks

#90 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 01:14 AM

That's great news Robert, thanks for the update. We're both pulling for you and your family. Every improvement is a victory.