Robert, I would encourage you'll to get a second opinion and also look into alternatives. There are quite a few folks out there that have beaten cancer when Doctors held no hope for them. We will continue to keep you and your family in our thought and prayers.
Prayers For Robert Webb's Wife
Posted September 20, 2013 - 07:51 AM
Posted September 20, 2013 - 08:05 AM
Robert, I wish you all didn't have to deal with this... My family and I will say an extra prayer for you and yours tonight.
God bless you and your family.
- oldedeeres said thank you
Posted September 20, 2013 - 12:31 PM
Daniel.......we are not giving up hope..........She is in GOOD HANDS...........both of her Dr's are the same ones that treated her throughout her battle with Breast Cancer...........I have a LOT of Faith in both of them. There in NO WAY that either one of us would ever give up.............didnt mean for it to come across that way if it did.
- HDWildBill, Newpaws493, twostep and 2 others have said thanks
Posted September 20, 2013 - 03:05 PM
Be of comfort to each other and Be Strong.
- KennyP said thank you
Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:37 AM
Just thought that I would come back and update everyone and get you up to speed. We met with the surgeon this past Monday and they have the surgery scheduled for Oct 9. They are going to attempt to go in and remove the tumor. The Dr. feels confident that he can remove it but it will depend on exactly WHERE it is located. From what I understand, ALL of the blood vessels that supply the intestines attach to the small intestine in ONE location and then branch out from there. As long as the tumor is not in this immediate vicinity, they should be able to remove it without any complications, but if it IS located in that area, they will have to bypass that section and leave the tumor intact due to the dangers of damaging a blood vessel and causing further issues. Once she has healed enough from this surgery, she will have to go back and have a chemo port surgically implanted so that she can start chemo treatments. I am not sure exaclty how long after that it will be before she can actually start the treatment process but I am guessing at least Mid November. There was a discussion of doing both surgeries at one time but because of the possiblity of bacterial spread from the intestinal surgery, they will NOT do both at the same time. If she were to develop any kind of bacterial infection from the surgery, it will do straight to the port site and that would be very dangerous so they are doing it separately. Once she starts the treatments, it will be 3 months before they do another PET scan to see IF the treatments are working or not so we are in this for the LONG HAUL. We were told in the beginning that this was not going to be as easy as her breast cancer treatment and eventual cure because this cancer can not be cured and it will depend on how the cancer reacts to the chemo drugs.
To add to all of this, my wife was really looking forward to the Susan G.Komen Race for the Cure walk coming up on Oct 12th. Well because of the surgery, she wont be able to participate this year. Each year they give each survivor a set of pink beads for each year that they have survived cancer and she will miss out on that as well. She has walked EVERY year for the last 5 years and has always had her older kids walking with her. This past year, myself and the two younger kids walked with her along with my mother. Since we wont be able to participate, I am going to donate to a friend ours campaign so that we are still supporting the cause!
Like I told Daniel, I REALLY REALLY appreciate the support that I have gotten from the "extended family" here and all of the prayers coming our way! And for those of you that know me personally, I am not a very "publically emotional" person so this is not an easy thing for me to do. Keep the prayers coming and hopefully we can kick this in the ass! Kimme and I have faced a LOT of adversity in the last 15+ years of marriage and we seem to always come out on top of it, and I hope that this is just another stepping stone that we can put behind us VERY SOON.
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AND PRAYERS
Robert and Kimme.
- olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 8 others have said thanks
Posted September 27, 2013 - 09:11 PM
Sitting in the ER with the wife..............she called me this afternoon while I was out taking care of some business and told me that she had thrown up 5 times. The Dr's had told us that if she started throwing up for her to go the ER so she called them to confirm that she needed to go and was told YES. We have been her for about 4 1/2 hours now. They have her on an IV with morhpine and anti-nausea medications. We are wating on the final decision to see if she is going home tonight or if they are going to admit her. Life just keeps kicking us but we are stil hanging in there..........
- oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks
Posted September 27, 2013 - 09:58 PM
- oldedeeres said thank you
Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:09 PM
I'll be sure to say extra prayers here tonight. I feel for you guys.
Posted September 27, 2013 - 11:43 PM
Well here is the last update for tonight.........The Dr has admitted her to St Vincent's Hopital in Birmingham and we will see the surgeons in the morning and see what they feel is the next treatment option. I feel like they will push the surgery up and go ahead and do it since she is already here and having complications. They are going to keep her on Morphine IV to keep her comfortable through the night so that she can get some much needed rest. Her mother and father should be here within the hour (they are from Pigeon Forge Tn, her brother is here locally, as well as both of her older kids so she will have plenty of company while she is here. Once again, thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts during this time of need. I can tell you all how much that means to the BOTH of us.
- olcowhand, MH81, Newpaws493 and 3 others have said thanks
Posted September 28, 2013 - 02:34 AM
Our thoughts are with you both; sending support your way.
Posted September 28, 2013 - 03:20 AM
Robert- As a step-father of a 29 YO son who died from cancer in 2010 I'm praying that your wife is able to survive this latest challenge and beat that dang disease! Hang in there and HOPE for the best. We're all pulling for you!
Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, September 28, 2013 - 03:21 AM.
Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:47 AM
Thanks for the update's Robert. I sure hope and pray things go well for you and Kimme.
Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:07 PM
Praying the surgeon's hands are Devinely guided, Robert..
- HDWildBill and Sawdust have said thanks
Posted September 29, 2013 - 05:59 PM
Well I am happy to say that I brought Kimme home from the hospital this morning. She is supposed to be in contact with the surgeon in the morning to see if they are going to keep the original surgery date or move it up to this week. She is a little tired and sore but otherwise she is doing good under the circumstances. Hopefully they will go ahead and do surgery and get that much behind her so that she can start the healing process.
Once again...........thanks for all of the prayers!
- olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks
Posted September 29, 2013 - 06:07 PM