• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#346 EricR ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 360 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 08:53 PM

Once again good to hear from you Robert, Yeah I also know about broken water lines as my daughter called me this afternoon after school in a panic that our back porch is flooding lol, Life will get better.

#347 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 873 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 05:03 PM

Well guys and gals.............I didnt realize that it had been so long since I had been on the board.........damn time flys when you are having fun.......lol or life happens.

Well, things are beginning to calm down and get back to somewhat "normal".  As you know, my daughter got married last weekend and it was extremely emotional at times but I was PROUD of all three of my kids.  The oldest daughter was a beautiful bride and she was absolutely GLOWING. CJ and Callie were both in the wedding as well, and I am EXTREMELY proud of them, they walked down the aisle at the beginning of the ceremony and lit a remembrance candle for Kimme (the pink candle you see on the left side of the pic below).  They never missed a beat! I know that it had to be hard on them because it was extremely hard on me just to watch.  At the rehearsal dinner Friday night, Colby (the new son in law) stood up and made a short speech and during his speech he recounted one of the last conversations that he had with Kimme, and said that she made him promise to "take care of my little girl", and I no doubt in my mind that Colby will do just that! 

Wedding Pic

They went to Savannah Ga for their honeymoon so they missed out on the "Snowmegeddon 2014" that hit Birmingham last Tuesday about 10am. I left work at 11:15am and it took me TEN hours to drive the 30 miles home.  It took me almost 3 hours just to drive the 4-5 miles to the interstate because the interstate was at a STANDSTILL.  There are several "hills" that you have to cross in just about any direction that you travel around the city and the snow was hitting the ground and freezing to sheets of ice. I sat on one of those hills for about 4-5 hours just trying to get over it.  Just about the time that traffic would start to move, someone would spin out and start the cycle all over again.  CJ had stayed home from school because the had the stomach virus that has been going around, so he was at home by himself until about 5 or so when I sent him to a neighbors for the night.  Callie's teacher started emailing me about 11:30 that they were sending everyone home but the buses were NOT running so the parents were forced to scramble to get them.  Well, I finally picked Callie up about 9pm Tuesday night. They had fed them snacks,played games, watched movies and fed them supper and generally kept them entertained all day long.  They had even made preparations for them to spend the night, and from what I understand there were quite a few that actually had to stay that night and most of the next day before their parents could get to them.  Well I got home Tuesday night and fixed me something to eat, I had been in my truck all of that time with about half a glass of sweet tea and NOTHING to eat so I was starving and exhausted.  Well sometime in the middle of the night, that damn stomach virus decided to pounce on ME.  I was up and down all night long running back and forth to the bathroom with diarrhea and added vomiting to the main attraction about mid morning Wed. I got up and fixed me and Callie some breakfast (not a real good idea in my case because it was short lived) and went back to bed for the remainder of the day. CJ came home from the neighbors mid afternoon.  I got up sometime late that afternoon and cooked supper and ate a small plate (still not a good move on my part)Callie came down with it Wed about midmorning and came and got in the bed with me and we slept the day away together (luckily, they got the "kiddie version" and were only throwing up for a short time) I slept most of the day Thursday trying to get rested up enough to be able to fight off this nasty virus that was kicking my butt (literally.....lol) Well during all of this time, my boss was doing his damnedest to get me to come back to work but I kept telling him "IT AINT HAPPENING". So finally Friday morning, I had stood (and i use that term loosely) all I could stand. After sitting on the couch for an hour or two to get up enough strength to get dressed and drive to the Dr, I spent 3 hours in the Dr's office for them to tell me that I didnt have the flu........well 3 scripts later and about 50 bucks, I walked out the door.  I layed around the house most of the day yesterday and FORCED myself to eat chicken noodle soup and drink Gatorade (I have lost 15-20 pounds this week to dehydration). This morning I was feeling a little bit better so I completed some short simple chores around the house, resting between each one.  I can say, all of the clothes in my house are now CLEAN again......lol along with all of the sheets off the beds.  I even got up enough energy to make a short shopping trip to Lowe's (to get a valve to fix one of the toilets) and to Walmart to pick up a few things and to take the daughter to Chic-fil-a for a late lunch. 

I am kinda starting to think that Daniel and his "luck" have rubbed off on me...........LOL just kidding Daniel.

On a good note, my youngest brother was up for the wedding last weekend and he and I spent some "QUALITY TRACTOR TIME" together.  We drug my 400 out of mothballs and got it running again. It hasnt run since the first plow day in KY at Daniel's!  We got my 430 stripped down and ready for the sand blaster.  He picked up all of the sheetmetal Tuesday before the snow hit and I should have them back soon.  As soon as I get them back, they will go directly to the paint shop to be painted.  I have about a month to have it painted and reassembled and ready for the Spring Plow day here in Alabama. Going to place a big order for new parts by the first of the week..........cant have a new shiny tractor with all of those ugly knobs and switches, and other stuff making it look bad.......lol  Already have a new suspension seat base and new front weight bracket here for it. Also have new toolboxes to put in the fenders. (gotta have a place to hide all my junk when I am plowing and a place to put my drink......lol  I am not sure if I will have time to do a lot to the trailer other than LOAD IT but after the plow day, I will have plenty of time before the Fall Plow season rolls around so most of you will see it all "duded up" at Daniels in the Fall.

All in all, life has been pretty good with a few bumps in the road, but nothing that we havent been able to handle.  Both of my kids have been real troopers through it all. I know that they miss Kimme and it shows in different ways and at different times, but I keep reassuring them that she is in a better place and that she is looking over all of us!  As I get my projects back under way, I will start posting pictures and hopefully I will be able to start visiting more often so that I can keep up with everyone else in this little "club" of ours.

Talk to ya'll Soon

Robert and the kids

• olcowhand, powerking56, MH81 and 7 others have said thanks

#348 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,595 Thanks
  • 38,985 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 05:12 PM

Glad to hear from you Robert! That was a long drive home, could have almost walked it. Happy you got some tractor time in, too.

#349 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,207 Thanks
  • 2,363 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 05:14 PM

Good to hear from you again!

#350 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,633 Thanks
  • 8,518 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the update Robert.  Birmingham sounds a lot like it was here in Atlanta.  Did you have a lot of people stranded?  Isn't snow in the south fun? :wallbanging:

Glad to hear things are returning to a new normal for y’all and the wedding went off so well.

#351 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,654 Thanks
  • 28,312 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 06:05 PM

Glad you Lund a minute to stop by. Glad the 'flu' is over and normalcy-ish can begin again.

#352 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,448 Thanks
  • 7,614 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Glad the wedding went well.

#353 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,200 Thanks
  • 29,684 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Glad you are recovering from the bug.  Sure glad to see you back here on GTT!  Hang in there my friend!

#354 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 873 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yeah we pretty much got hit just like Atlanta did.........there were people that were stranded on the side of the road, at work and at various places between home and work.........was a MESS!  And yeah I could have probably walked it faster........bad part.........it only took me about 20 minutes to do that last 18-20 miles............lol

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#355 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,514 Thanks
  • 3,064 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 11:23 PM

Good to have you back, Robert.
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#356 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 11:34 PM

Thanks Robert for the update. Glad to hear the wedding went so well. Sorry about the flu and snow storm Y'all had to endure.
Please keep in touch when you get the chance.