Posted January 02, 2014 - 08:02 PM

It is great to hear from ya Robert. :thumbs:

#332 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 05:05 AM

Well the trailer was set to be picked up today but with all of the nasty weather and the expected ice, it may get put off a couple of days but no big deal.  The races were a bust this weekend because of my brother in law having a little "girly hissy fit" but I wont go into that .......lol  I had already made a deal with one of my JD buddies to buy a new set of 26x12x12 Tru Powers on new wheels and since I was going to be in Talledega, I would only be like 60-70 miles from him, I had planned to pick them up over the weekend.  Well since I didnt go to the races, I loaded up the kids and went anyway.  We went by his house and picked up the tires and wheels and come to find out, one of my old "girl friends" from High school only lives like 5 miles away. We met her and her daughter and grand daughter for lunch and then went back to her house for a couple of hours.  We had a good time talking about the "good old days" and things that are going on right now.  Was nice to get away and have a little fun.

On the plow day front, I have already planned to go to the Spring Plow day in South Carolina, Spring Plow Day in ALabama, Fall Plow day in South Carolina, Fall Plow day in Alabama and of course the Ball Hollow Bush Hog Blow out extravaganza...........ALL of those events are kid friendly so no issues there....lol   I may attempt to host an event here in the Bham area but that will probably be a Fall Event.

I will post pics of the new hauler set up once I get it home........later guys.......damn truck drivers want to get unloaded.....lol imagine that.

• olcowhand, powerking56, grnspot110 and 10 others have said thanks

#333 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:23 AM

Glad to see you getting set up for the plow days. And old friends are fun to talk with.

#334 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:20 AM

So glad to hear you are getting out & about more Robert.  Don't ya just hate a grown man having one of those "girly hissy fits". (Olddeeres is gonna get me! lol)  Keep it up and come in as much as you can here.  I've gotta get to a plow day down that way one of these days.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#335 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 10:05 AM

Glad to see your in better spirits and looking more towards the future. :D  Sounds like you will have quite a schedule this year.  Looking forward to seeing the new rig.

#336 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 05:22 AM

Well here is the latest on the Webb homefront.......lol

With all of the COLD weather that we have been having this week, my water decided that it wanted to FREEZE (first time in 16 years that I have been in this house).........so I was without water for 2 1/2 days.  I knew that it was frozen somewhere between the meter and the house because I had NO Water anywhere.  Well it finally decided to get above freezeing yesterday so I started checking to see what I could find.  My meter is barely under ground and the first couple of feet of my water line is only about 18" below grade so I started at the meter.  I decided to disconnect the water line at the meter to make sure that I was getting water out of the meter.......well low and behold the meter itself was frozen solid.  NO water coming out of the meter itself.  Well after messing with it for a few minutes, I was able to dislodge the ice and get it flowing again.  I thought OK we are good to go...........my luck was NOT THAT good....lol  Just behind the meter is a pressure regulator, and when I turned the water back on, it started GUSHING water from the bottom of the regulator.  I reached down and started feeling around to see exactly where the water was coming from and found a "plug" laying under the regulator along with a filter screen!  I cleaned it off and put it back in thinking the ice may have just forced it out.  Well once again I wasnt that lucky.  Once I turned the water back on, I almost got a COLD shower.......about a 30 degree shower!  I disconnected it again and commenced to removing the regulator only to find out that it had frozen and cracked the casting! I called the water company when I found out that the meter was frozen solid so I called them to find out if the regulator was "their property" or mine. First I was told that it belonged to them and that they would put me on the "service call list".....I informed her that I had already been without water for two days and that I WOULD have water before the sun went down. Either they could send someone out QUICKLY or I would bring the regulator to them for them to swap out and I would replace it but either way I was going to restore my water service. She said that she would get someone out as soon as they could get someone freed up.  Well about 30-45 minutes later, she called back to "verify what the issue was" and after talking to her for a few minutes, she told me that the regulator was "my property".  I told her that  IF they had told me that in the beginning that I would have already bought a new one and had it fixed by then.  She apologized (which did no good  helping my ill attitude at the moment) and I told her that I would handle it.  She told me that she would leave me on the service call list just in case there was another issue.  WELL,,,,,,,90 bucks later I was back on my belly on the cold ground replacing the regulator and restoring my water service.  Once I got the water restored, I got a voicemail from the appliance service repairman stating that they would be at my house between "9:30 and 11 am" tomorrow.  I promptly called them back and told them that their time was unacceptable because the original service guy was told EXPLICITLY that the service call would have to be after 12 noon because I didnt get home until 11:30-11:45 each day.  He told me that it was NOT noted on the work order and that they would have to "work me in".  Well that just added to my frustrations.  I had about 6 loads of clothes that needed to be washed before I disconnected the washer and dryer to move them out of the laundry room so that he could repair the washer so I started washing and drying clothes like a madman.....lol  About 10:30 last night, I put the last load of clothes in the dryer before I went to bed.  If nothing else, we all have clean clothes to wear for at least a week.....lol  I talked to Daniel last night for about and hour and 15 minutes and told him that "His life" was rubbing off on me.....lol  Even with all that has been going on, life seems to be starting to get back to "normal" if that is even possible.  This weekend, my oldest daughter (actually stepdaughter but I still refer to her as my daughter) is having her bridal shower at my sister in laws house, the following weekend my younger kids are going to a retreat in Pigeon Forge TN with the church group (which was paid for in FULL by one of the couples in our Sunday school class) and the following weekend she is getting married so my calendar is pretty full for the next month.  The wedding is probably going to be full of emotions for everyone involved but somehow I will find he strength to get through it for me and my kids and most importantly for HER!  Then last night about 10pm I get a message on Facebook from the Sunday school teacher's wife wanting to know if they could start bringing food to "help us through our transition"!.....As hard as things have been for me and my kids, it seems that there is ALWAYS someone wanting to help us. It has been AMAZING to see just how much that my kids and I are LOVED! Like I told Daniel last night, no matter what is going on in our lives, there is always someone out there that has it worse than we do but my friends and family are always there to support us!

Enough rambling........lol  As life starts to settle down more and more, I will start spending more time on the board again.  Thanks to all of you that have posted comments, sent cards, text messages etc....They mean more than I will EVER be able to tell you!

Me......

• powerking56, Newpaws493, EricR and 1 other said thanks

#337 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 06:31 AM

I'm glad you got the water back on. That can be very frustrating. Hope the washer gets fixed soon. Hang in there, things will calm down.

#338 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,608 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 06:47 AM

I think I would recheck about the fact that the pressure reg is "yours"
The only reason why that would be is if the PO added it. Sounds like the water company is supplying just a little to much pressure at your location and a tech put it in to keep the pipes from popping.

How go the plans for adding dirt over all that stuff? :D

Sorry to hear you had water troubles, tell the kids we said to enjoy the trip, and i hope the wedding goes smoothly for you all.

#339 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 07:46 AM

I think I would recheck about the fact that the pressure reg is "yours"
The only reason why that would be is if the PO added it. Sounds like the water company is supplying just a little to much pressure at your location and a tech put it in to keep the pipes from popping.

How go the plans for adding dirt over all that stuff? :D

Sorry to hear you had water troubles, tell the kids we said to enjoy the trip, and i hope the wedding goes smoothly for you all.

I ran into the regulator issue years ago, Alan. We had to buy it for them to install due to high pressure. And it was before the meter.

• MH81 said thank you

#340 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 09:16 AM

Glad to hear you can shower again. I was starting to notice an aroma.

I am really happy to hear that you are getting a lot of help. Even a tiny bit of help goes a long way.

• Team_Green said thank you

#341 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 10:02 AM

Robert, all your stuff breaking/freezing, just generally breaking.......I'd swear you must live on my farm!  You're pushing through it and you will make it through it all.  Just take a breather whenever it starts putting too much pressure on you.    Just 5 minutes can help a lot if you can clear your mind for that long.

I'm sure the wedding will go beautifully.  Just stand back & let them tell you what to do.  I would sure be the last one anybody would want helping with a wedding.

• trowel, HDWildBill and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#342 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 10:05 AM

Easy does it, stress can complicate even the smallest things, wishing you well.

#343 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 11:43 AM

Glad to hear things are returning to the new normal, even with all the frustrations.  It frustrates me no end when I call to check on something and I'm told one thing and then told something completely different.  I hope all goes well over the next few weeks, it does sound like you will be busy.

#344 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 11:45 AM

Easy does it, stress can complicate even the smallest things, wishing you well.

No doubt... getting stressed multiplies situation.

Busted water lines and meters are EVERYWHERE! I would not have wanted to be a plumber two days ago... -4 degrees and working in the water, no thank you!

• trowel and oldedeeres have said thanks

#345 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 06:51 PM

Robert,  You're pushing through it and you will make it through it all.  Just take a breather whenever it starts putting too much pressure on you.    Just 5 minutes can help a lot if you can clear your mind for that long.

I'm sure the wedding will go beautifully.  Just stand back & let them tell you what to do.  

Busy can be good medicine and it sounds like it's working. Thank you, Robert for the inspiration and strength. Be Well.

• olcowhand, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks