• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#316 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Those guys have said it better then i could ever.. You and your family has touched so many people. Changed peoples life for the better. If you need ANYTHING.. talk to one of us. We are here for you.. We all will be here for when you return in your own time.  Thank you for sharing your life with us. Thank you for letting us be part of your life. 

• NUTNDUN, grnspot110, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#317 EricR OFFLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 393 Thanks
  • 278 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Those guys have said it better then i could ever.. You and your family has touched so many people. Changed peoples life for the better. If you need ANYTHING.. talk to one of us. We are here for you.. We all will be here for when you return in your own time.  Thank you for sharing your life with us. Thank you for letting us be part of your life. 

I'm not much of a typer but T_G has said it best for me also!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#318 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 11:52 PM

As everyone has said, Robert, we are all still here for you as needed.

#319 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 04:35 AM

Well life has started to get back to somewhat "normal" if that actually ever really happens. Christmas was weird at best. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldnt get in the spirit of Christmas.  The kids had a good Christmas thanks to some very giving people in our church. I had received a bunch of gift cards so I took the kids shopping yesterday and had a good day together.  I have childcare set up for them at the moment but am still looking for a long term solution. CJ and I are headed to the dirt track this weekend as long as the weather holds out. He has gotten very interested in dirt track racing and we went to this same event last year and had a blast so I am hoping for a repeat this weekend.

I am in the process of trying to find a 16' enclosed trailer so that the kids and I can hit the "plow day circuit" this year. I can only haul one tractor on my current trailer but with the new one, I will be able to haul two tractors and it will give us a place to "camp out" without having to pay the motel bill each time. The savings in motel bills will pay for the trailer in a year or so. Not being in a hotel, will give us a chance to spend some quality time together rather than spending all of the time in front of the "boob tube"..lol

• NUTNDUN, olcowhand, DH1 and 15 others have said thanks

#320 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,302 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 04:57 AM

It takes time for sure..  Christmas will never be the same for our family too so your family isn't alone..  Hopefully a deal will pop up close to you so put the word out you are looking and maybe you'll get one..  May God Bless us all in 2014..

• NUTNDUN, KennyP, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#321 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 05:18 AM

Robert, glad the kids had the best Christmas they could.
Ope to see you at one of the plow days, one thing to check on for each plow day is the minimum age for the events. KK has been ale to go to a couple of events, but not all of them due to min age requirements.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#322 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 05:48 AM

Sounds like a good plan, Robert.

• Sawdust said thank you

#323 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 07:43 AM

Dirt track racing is great fun!  Even more fun if you get involved in actually racing!  A lot of kids race 4 cylinder FWD class.  The track we raced at they allowed them to start at 13. 

Great great fun, and not all that expensive. 

• Sawdust said thank you

#324 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 08:21 AM

Glad to see you on here Robert and glad to hear that things are improving. It will take a lot of time for the new normal to be established but as long as you're trying that's all that matters. I'm sure it's too long of a haul but if you could make it to the WI plow day I'm setting up this year I'd be honored to have you. Hang in there buddy!
  • Sawdust said thank you

#325 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,081 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 08:56 AM

I look forward to meeting you one day, Robert. Thanks for the update!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

• Sawdust said thank you

#326 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 10:03 AM

It will take time for you and the family to establish the new norm, but I think you are on the right track with embracing the kids with love and finding activities all of you can enjoy.  I have a friend who lost his son a disease and then a week later lost his wife to cancer.  It took him quite a while to get it all back together but today he is quite happy, had remarried and is able to talk about his son and wife in loving memory.  I pray the same thing will be yours as well.

Dirt track racing is a ball.  I enjoyed it in my younger years and although I wasn't that good I still had a lot of fun.  We have a dirt track not far from me so if you do get into it and come to Bremen let me know.

• Sawdust and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#327 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:43 AM

Glad to hear you have at least one foot under you a little bit. Having a plan is always a good start

• Sawdust said thank you

#328 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 01:12 PM

I am glad to see you on here. It sounds like you are doing OK and that is great to hear. Keep at it.

Geno

• Sawdust said thank you

#329 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 02:04 PM

Good to hear from you Robert. Thinking & praying for you wondering how you were doing over Christmas. It sounds like your doing well as can be expected. Things will get better as time goes on. You have a good relationship with your children & that will help. Just focus on one day at a time & try to be sensitive to your children because they all handle things differently. Go bless.

#330 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 02:31 PM

Robert, so good to hear things are moving in the right direction.  Your plow day trailer plan sure sounds like a winner!  Please post when you feel like it, we're always here!