Hope she gets better quickly.

#227 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,138 Thanks
  • 4,553 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 03:13 AM

May the Lord give her strength and grant you the strength to handle everything that is going on..  God Bless you guyssmileys-praying-622061.gifsmileys-praying-622061.gif

• oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#228 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,652 Thanks
  • 28,312 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Praying for strength for the whole family.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#229 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hang in there Robert, you may not be able to see or even fathom what it is but if you trust that God has a plan in all of this (which He does) perhaps it will be of some comfort.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#230 oldtimer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 07:59 AM

I finally caught up on this thread. Robert, I hope it goes without my saying that prayers still go from my wife and I to your house. You did the right thing in asserting yours and your wife's wishes . The inlaws, as well intentioned as they may be, definitely crossed the line.  As some have said, we're standing alongside you.  God Bless.

#231 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,588 Thanks
  • 38,985 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'm still offering prayers for you all, Robert. That is a very helpless feeling you must be having.

#232 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,324 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 09:32 AM

My daily prayers continue for Kimme, you and your family. God has a plan and he will be at your side through this. God bless you and your family. 

#233 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,633 Thanks
  • 8,518 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 10:26 AM

Robert, I'm sorry to hear about this turn in her recovery.  We will continue to pray for her and you.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 11:25 AM

Our thoughts and prayers continue for you and Kimme. Stay strong and we are here when you need us.

#235 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,033 Thanks
  • 627 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Still on the prayer list here, Robert. I'll send your names to my Mom for her church too.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

#236 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 09:05 PM

I can only imagine what your going through, you have had a tremendous amount of weight on you. We can only continue to pray with hope that God gives you the miracle that your wife needs right now. Praying also for strength & some comfort for you Robert & your children.

#237 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 873 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well guys............I feel like I am on the space shuttle barreling towards the earth at warp speed in a tailspin.  This has been THE HARDEST week in my life bar none!  Monday afternoon started out bad and it has not gotten any better.  Saturday night Kimme woke me up about 3am or so(after not getting in to bed until after Midnight) and told me that she had been gagging and felt like she was about to throw up and wanted me to get her a garbage can.  Well being the "good little hubby" that I am, I staggered to the bathroom and got her the trash can.  She never did throw up but was nauseated all day Sunday.  She got up Sunday night about 7pm or so and went and took her shower so that she wouldnt have to take it Monday morning and be worn out before she even left the house. She woke up Monday morning feeling bad but was determined to be there for her daughter on her wedding dress shopping trip.  My mother in law showed up to pick her up and Kimme told her "I really dont feel like going but I am going anyway" and away they went.  She got home Monday a little after lunch time and was exhausted. She came in the house and got in her recliner and that is where she stayed the entire day minus the few times that she got up and went to the bathroom (with assistance)  It is about 20 feet from her recliner to the bathroom and the trip would completely wear her out. She has pretty much been asleep ever since she got home Monday.  Monday morning I placed a call to the Hospice Office to see if they could arrange the procedure to drain the fluid out of her abdomen. Well after several phone calls, I was told Monday night that as of then that they had not been able to get is scheduled and that they would call me Tuesday morning as soon as they had it scheduled. Well Tuesday morning I got up at 2 and headed to work.  I got to the main road and almost turned around and came back home but since we were doing inventory that morning I soldiered on.  I called the Hospice office again about 5:30 and asked them to send the nurse out to check on Kimme because I was concerned about her, they told me that they would send her out as soon as she finished her meeting since it wasnt "an emergency".  Well I called back about 10 am to see if they had gotten the procedure scheduled and was told that the Oncologist had refused to write the orders because that it would not do her any good at this stage. To say that I was FURIOUS would have been an understatement!  I worked for about 30 minutes and finally told my boss that I had to go meet the nurse and that I would return later that afternoon to finish up what I had left to do(I left 3 full truckloads of cookies and crackers sitting in the receiving area that needed to be put away). When I got home the nurse explained to me that the procedure would have no benefits and there was a chance that it would cause even more issues.  I immediately sent my boss a text message telling him that I would not be back at work for the rest of this week and he said that he would have someone cover my job for the rest of the week.  Tuesday afternoon I got Kimme up to go the bathroom and then back in her recliner where she stayed for the rest of the night.  My next to the youngest brother had come up for moral support and told me before he went to bed that he would probably be gone before I woke up Wednesday morning and I was fine with that.  Well I finally laid down in the living room floor a little after midnight. I slept on the floor in a sleeping bag so that I would be there if she needed me because I was afraid that I would not be able to hear her in my bedroom. (She sleeps better in the recliner than she does in the bed due the fact that she has to sleep on her back and after about 4-5 hours in the bed her back starts dealing her fits) Well about 5-5:30 Wednesday morning I hear him come through the living room and start talking to Kimme. At the time, I did not know that she was sitting on the edge of her recliner ATTEMPTING to get up.  He asked her if she was going somewhere and she nodded her head yes.  He asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom and she nodded yes again.  He then yelled at me and told me to get up. She had been sitting up in her recliner without any blankets on her long enough that her arms were cold(she normally has an quilt and an electric blanket on her to keep her warm)I was semi-conscious at the time and got up. I took her to the bathroom, waited until she got finished and helped her back to my recliner because it easier to get her out of mine. Wednesday afternoon I got her up to go to the bathroom about the time that the nurse and aid where supposed to be here to check on her and give her a bath.  Well they showed up while she was still in the bathroom, so I left her sitting on the toilet and let them take it from there.  They came back in the living room and told me that they felt it would be too dangerous to attempt to get her in the shower, bathe her and then try to get her back out of the shower due to her current state of fatigue. They asked if they could put her in the "hospital bed" and give her a sponge bath, I agreed and they told me that they would bathe her and then get her settled in the bed on an absorbent pad and put an adult diaper on her so that she wouldnt have to get up and go to the bathroom. This would enable her to conserve what little energy that she had left to be able to visit with us. Well she spent the rest of yesterday in the bed and hasnt been out of it since. We have had to change the diaper and pad several times but she hasnt been out of the bed. The nurse came out and checked on her this morning and then took me and my mother in law back in the dining room to talk and told us that she has deteriorated so much and due to the fact that she has eaten almost NOTHING since Saturday that she felt like she has less than a WEEK left to live. I feel like I have been in the ring with Mike Tyson......everytime I get knocked down and finally get back on my feet, he hits me again. I am not sure just how much more that I can handle before I go down for the count!  I feel like I need to tell my kids what is going on but I have yet to figure out how you tell an 11 & 13 year old that they have less than a week to spend time and love on their mother.  I know that they know that she is not doing good but I am not sure that they realize just how bad off she is right now. Hell I know what is going on and I am not sure that I know how to handle it..........I can just imagine what it is going to do to them when I tell them.  The one thing that I have going for me right now is the AWESOME support from my family and friends. I know that reality is going to catch up with me very soon. I havent slept in a bed since Monday night and have moved my recliner into my bedroom so that I can be close to her.  She cant really talk and when she does it is usually very softly so I have to be CLOSE to her. For the last few days, there have been people in and out of the house visiting so I have been letting them visit and finding other things to keep me occupied because I am her by myself with her all night long and I feel like they need their time alone with her as well.

I have had several people send me messages here and a few have sent text messages as well as emails giving me encouragement and offering to help and that means THE WORLD to me!  Those of you know who you are and all I can say is THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

• NUTNDUN, Bolens 1000, olcowhand and 10 others have said thanks

#238 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,293 Thanks
  • 8,664 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 10:54 PM

I'm very sorry to read this, I pray for Him to give you strength.

I realize it's going to be very painful, but I think you should tell the kids that the amount of time they have left to spend with their mother is very limited. I just wish I could tell you how to do that, but I don't know. Just know that I'm praying for God to give you the strength to do so.

• Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#239 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,652 Thanks
  • 28,312 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 10:56 PM

I continue to pray for strength for all of you.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#240 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 10:59 PM

Robert, I have no idea how to tell your children the news but you will have to and get them home soon to spend some time with Kimme and you. I will continue to hold up Kimme, you and the whole Family In PRAYER. I ask GOD to give you the strength and wisdom to handle the upcoming days and nightz and I also PRAY for PEACE & Confort for all of you. May GOD Keep You and BLESS Y'all