Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Sorry to this news , it's hard for me to put things into words with tears in my eyes , we'll keep praying ,Al

• Team_Green, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#182 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,595 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Robert, as I said in the voice mail I left you, I just do not know what to say.  Miracles DO happen, so my prayers are that a miracle happens for Kimme.  Just remember, we are here for you.  It makes me so sad to know you guys are suffering such as you are.

• Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks

#183 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:59 PM

I call your name and your wife's name in prayer everyday and I am like some of the others I believe in miracles!! Keep the faith God is in control.. Your brother in Christ, brought together by our love for  tractors. I am here for you.   AL MUNCY

• oldedeeres said thank you

#184 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,083 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:53 PM

As so many have said, terribly sorry to hear this. We will continue to pray daily. If there is anything we can do to help you deal with this burden, don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

#185 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,262 Thanks
  • 28,604 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 04:06 AM

Robert, very sorry you've been given bad news, I have been keeping you guys in thoughts and prayers also and hoped you would never have to tell us that.
I have a close friend whose wife is going thru something similar and has been for quite a while. A 12 year Breast Caner survivor, her family is no stranger to the impact this can have on a family.

She was able to get into several clinical trials and has extended her life by over a year, almost two. She would still be in the latest trial except for a botched port installation that caused her results to be affected, thus eliminating her. At the time, it seemed it was her last hope.

They talked to several doctors, most just nicely saying to give in or give up. They decided to try something else, they went to Houston.
When my friend came back, he said that every Oncologist in the country should go there to see how it should be done. He said for the first time in months, they have some hope that he felt was possible. Not because of inflated expectations, but because of the methodical and tireless way they have set up to treat her. They even took DNA samples to try to pinpoint not only her specific cancer, but how it would work best to fight it in her body. The first rounds of treatments (and possibly more) are being done here locally too, so that eliminates the need for extended stays and constant travel. Their biggest worries right now is the possibility that the changes in the Healthcare scene will create roadblocks for her healthcare. Time will tell, they are in a wait and see situation.

I will pass on the name of the hospital when I verify it.

God Bless Kimmee, You, and your Family. Praying for a change in the news, continuing to offer support if there isn't.
  • olcowhand, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#186 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 07:05 AM

As so many others have said, I am so sorry to read your last post, we will continue to lift all of you up in prayer, and please continue to keep us updated, we are here to listen, to pray and offer whatever support we can for all of you.

#187 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 07:27 AM

Robert, your post really hit hard with me as I truly know what you are feeling right now. I pray for a miracle for you folks. Just can't come up with more words right now!

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and oldedeeres have said thanks

#188 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 12:20 PM

I think the hardest part for me is the unknown and the "Helpless" feeling that I have.  I feel like I dont have any control over anything that is going on.

• Texas Deere and Horse, WNYTractorTinkerer, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#189 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Wow, I have no words other than we will be praying for all of you and that you will have words to say to the kids and find comfort in each other and the Lord!

#190 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 02:29 PM

Robert, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Like Alan, there are other alternatives out there to explore.  There is a lot of research and new treatments out there.  As Alan suggested there is a hospital in Houston, there is also a hospital here in Atlanta that specializes in Cancer.  We will continue to keep you and your wife in out thoughts and prayers.

#191 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think the hardest part for me is the unknown and the "Helpless" feeling that I have.  I feel like I dont have any control over anything that is going on.

And that is not a good feeling. It's a tough road to go down, but just remember you aren't the only one on it. So are the others involved.

#192 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 03:51 PM

Robert.. Our family is praying for your family.  I'm so sorry to hear what the doctors "think" is right.  I for one don't believe em any more..

• Texas Deere and Horse and oldedeeres have said thanks

#193 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Sounds like you're doing the best you can for her already, Just being there for her!  ~~  Lowell

#194 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,262 Thanks
  • 28,604 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Robert, the place they went to is M. D. Anderson in Houston TX. Www.mdanderson.org
It's part of the Univ of Texas and its credentials are worth reading.
They previously went to Pittsburgh and the Yolanda Barco Oncology Center. He said if he had to start all over again, the phone call to Houston would've been their first phone call.

I explained the situation as I know it to him, he said to let you know you will talk to a human being on your first phone call, that the feeling of spiraling out of control will subside pretty quickly once that facility is involved. Obviously, no one can promise a cure, but they offer real hope, not just a phone number for Hospice. He said to make sure I stressed that when someone tells you to give up, fight harder... That's what drove them to make the call.

He also asked I pass on that they too will pray for you all and may God Bless your whole family.
  • olcowhand, sacsr, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#195 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 07:25 PM

I can only continue my daily prayers for Kimme, you and your family. I am so sorry to have read this. We are all here to help any way we can. Lean on us, our community is your family too. Keep your head up and don't stop fighting. 

Daily prayers and all the the best,

Geno