355 replies to this topic

#166 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hoping for the best for you guys. Hang in there.
  • oldedeeres and JRJ have said thanks

#167 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 08:04 PM

Not what we wanted to hear for you, Robert. Clearly need to have some more prayer sessions, I'll call all our friends to help. Hang on, she's obviously worth it.

#168 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:06 AM

Robert every time I see your posts, I pray for good news. She will continue to be in my prayers.

#169 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,301 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:01 AM

Robert, continuing to hope she finds the medical attention she needs and they get her back on the road to recovery.

#170 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Robert I was thinking of you & your family over the holiday wondering how everything is. Like sacsr when I see you post I want to hear good news so bad. I'm so sorry these set backs just keep happening. Just be strong & supportive like you have been. I can only imagine what you & your kids are going through. Regardless of any situation God can still heal that is your comfort right now. Keeping you all in my prayers.
  • sacsr, oldedeeres and JRJ have said thanks

#171 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Robert, I'm sorry to hear Kimme is having such a hard time.  We will continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prays.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#172 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Well I PASSED OUT last night about 8-8:30 and got up about 6 this morning. Went and got us a sausage biscuit from Mickey D's. Sat around and talked to Kimme for a little while before heading out for the better part of the day.  She was getting up about every hour or so last night to go potty due to all of the diuretics that they are giving her to eliminate the fluid built up in her legs and was pretty tired. I knew that her parents would be up here with her for most of the day so I took the opportunity to "escape" for a little while and finish the Hay Rack for the parade next weekend.  I can only stand to be cooped up in the hospital for so long before I start getting stir crazy.  I spent about 4 hours or so working on the trailer, took my shower and came back and will be here for the duration of the night until I have to go to work EARLY in the morning. Her parents will be here all week long so they will probably be up here a lot which will give me a break and allow me to get some things done that I need to do.  She is feeling a little better but still gets tired pretty easily.  The oncologist that was on call this weekend said that he would leave it up to her primary oncologist as to whether or not they drain the fluid in her abdominal cavity.  There has been talk in the past about putting some kind of "Port" in so that the fluid can be drained without having to do it surgically each time because her oncologist said that the more that they have to drain it surgically, the more chances of something going wrong, such a puncturing the intestine or causing an infection so that is something that will be discussed when we see her. She is laying beside me sleeping so I am trying to be quiet and let her rest.  Thanks for all of your comments and continued prayers!

Me and Her.

• olcowhand, MH81, grnspot110 and 9 others have said thanks

#173 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hey, "you & her" are sure tough folk!  I know how tired she must be, and you as well.   Dad is the same way.  Barely enough energy to put one foot in front of the other for more than just a few steps at a time.  Keep up the fight.  You can't win if you don't do battle.  Hang in there!

• HDWildBill, bgkid2966, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#174 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Robert, my thoughts are with you!  

I haven't posted on this thread previously, partly because it hits too close to home.  Wife & I have both been through cancer treatments, mine was simpler, surgery & hormone treatment. But the wife went through surgery, radiation w/ chemo & then another round of chemo.  Glad there is somebody there to give you a break, as that can be highly needed for the caregiver!

For us & those we've talked to, fatigue is a lasting problem with most cancer survivors!

All I can say is hope for the best & hang in there!  ~~  Lowell

• olcowhand, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#175 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:59 PM

prayers sent your way stay strong for her and it will help her get better and dont go stir crazy

#176 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for the update Robert.  Hope she has a good night rest.

#177 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Robert,

I too, like Lowell, have not posted to this thread, as it hits too close to home. I do understand what you are going through, as we have gone through the same situations and circumstances with my Mother. I know that the road is hard to travel at times, but you need to stay strong in your Faith, and believe that there is always hope. Please know that you and Kimme are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I lift Kimme up for a speedy healing and recovery. Also know that your health is needed for her recovery, so don't wear yourself down, and don't be afraid to call on friends and family to sit with her while you get your much needed rest. Kimme needs her husband, not a hero.

Take Care my Friend, and God's Blessings to you and Kimme!

• WNYTractorTinkerer and oldedeeres have said thanks

#178 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well this is the post that I hoped I would never have to make but I got a phone call from my wife's Oncologist this morning that made my world CRUMBLE!

Kimme went in this morning to have her second round of chemo and the Dr told her that they needed to stop doing chemo treatments because they are doing her more harm than good. She pretty much said that they have done all that they can do and that everything that they are trying to do to make things better for her seem to have the opposite effect.  She is having issues with her liver now as well as her heart and lungs. She has gotten to the point that she pretty much has to have help doing anything that she wants or needs to do. The Dr has suggested calling in Hospice Care but Kimme told her to wait until she and I had time so sit down and discuss things amongst ourselves along with the rest of the family. I did ask the Dr about her prognosis, and she gave me the usual song and dance about them not being able to give me an exact timeline but that we were probably looking at 4-6 months right now.

I met Kimme and Her mother at our Sister in laws house and talked a little bit and we havent decided how we are going to tell the two youngest kids or when.  We have a family meeting tomorrow night with the two older kids, Kimme's Parents, Brother and Sister in law.  Her oldest son pretty much knows what is going on but her oldest daughter doesnt know anything as far as I know.  This is going to be extremely hard on the both of us but I think the two younger kids are going to be the most difficult conversation that I will ever have with them.  Up until now, every conversation has boiled down to us reassuring them that "mama is going to be OK" and now I have to tell them that they are going to lose their mother.

To be quite honest, I have known that this day was coming but I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought that it would come this soon. I know that the next 6 months or how ever long is going to be the longest days of my life.  We both made a promise to each other that we are not giving up but we are trying to face the reality that comes with everything that is going on.

Please keep Kimme and our entire family in your prayers as we try to come to grips with the hand that we have been dealt.  We have a lot of people praying for us and we are going to make the best of how ever much time we have left together!

#179 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,740 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:02 PM

I'm so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

#180 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Robert, No words can help you feel better about this, but I am SO SORRY to hear this. I will continue to PRAY for Kimme, You and the rest of your family. I hope and PRAY that you 2 can enjoy each and every second together for the rest of your time together. I am PRAYING for a FULL and COMPLETE HEALING in JESUS NAME for Kimme! I know personally what the power of PRAYER to GOD can do. Don't be afraid to come here and vent or ask for anything, the members of GTtalk are some of the best folks in the world and we will do whatever we can to help Y'all out.

• EricR, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks