sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 05:17 PM

Great news!! She is in my daily prayers. We all hope and pray for the good things to continue to go her way! Thanks for keeping us update.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#152 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,585 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Robert, give her a big hug from us. Glad she's getting out and back in her own bed.

#153 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Continued positive thoughts and prayers sent your way.

#154 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 03:07 PM

Well, here I am jumping in late again.  I've been working so much that I haven't had much time to read posts.  Robert, so sorry to hear about your situation.  I know the roller coaster you are on all too well.  Between my wife and I, we've lost 3 parents in 7 years to cancer.  I applaud you for the attitude you are keeping in your posts.  Our prayers are with you and your family.  Same advice I gave Daniel, get rest when you can.  She's counting on you.  And whatever you do, fight the b*****d with everything you got!  This disease wins far too many battles as it is.

• sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#155 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Well I am back.......lol  I brought Kimme home the other night and it has been just the two of us at home since then.  My sister in law has had the kids since Saturday and will probably have them until this Sunday.  We have enjoyed the time to ourselves and being able to get back to a "normal" life.  This is the first time that I have even turned my laptop on since the afternoon that they discharged her.

She is doing pretty good so far, still having a hard time getting her energy and strength back.  One of the Dr's mentioned that her "albumen" level was low (not enough protein in her blood stream) so i asked if the "Protein Shakes" would be of any benefit and he said ABSOLUTELY.  So, I went by the store on the way home yesterday and bought several packs of them for her and I am making her drink at least one a day......lol  She is slowly getting to where she is able to eat a little bit more at each meal so that will help a lot. They have postponed her next Chemo treatment until Dec 3 because of all the issues that she was having in the hospital. And because she has had so many issues with her heart rate and blood pressure, I have made her an appointment with MY Cardiologist on the 21st.  I know for a fact that he will get it resolved because I had been taking BP meds for 6-7 years and the Dr that I was going to never could get it down to where it needed to be. The first visit with him, he changed EVERY Med that I was on and I have not had any issues since (unless I forget to take them...lol)  He has done a lot of research and clinical trials at the University of Alabama/Birmingham Hospital and has had several studies printed in the medical journals!  He KNOWS his stuff so that will be one less thing I have to worry about with her.

I had planned to leave work and come home and plow until dark the day that she was discharged but that fell through............I told her that it was her fault...lol  I did spend about an hour or so "cutting the grass" yesterday.  It was more to pick up the leaves than anything.  I came back in the house one time to get my truck keys and as I walked through the den, she said "Therapy" and I just said YEP.......lol

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#156 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 04:04 PM

If your cardiologist is that good make sure your wife sees him. Payer and thoughts are coming your way from my place.

Love to you and your wife. 

Dick

Edited by JRJ, November 15, 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#157 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Glad to hear she is doing better.  I know it has been hard on both of you and we continue to hope and pray for ya.

#158 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,297 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Good to hear she is improving!  Keep us posted! :wave:  :D

#159 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 07:58 PM

That's a breath of fresh air Robert!  So glad for both of you! 

#160 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 12:14 AM

That's a good woman, Robert. In spite of what she's going through, she understands that you need "therapy" to help you get through it too. If only we all could be that understanding in our dealings with each other at all times. You two are a fine example for us all.
  • olcowhand and MH81 have said thanks

#161 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,079 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 01:55 AM

I had planned to leave work and come home and plow until dark the day that she was discharged but that fell through............I told her that it was her fault...lol  I did spend about an hour or so "cutting the grass" yesterday.  It was more to pick up the leaves than anything.  I came back in the house one time to get my truck keys and as I walked through the den, she said "Therapy" and I just said YEP.......lol

Definitely a good one! 

#162 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:28 AM

So thankful to hear the good news Robert especially going into the weekend. This will give you both some much needed time together. My FIL had a very difficult time getting his bp meds right. Thanks for giving us all the opportunity to be with you both. God bless.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#163 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:42 PM

If your cardiologist is that good make sure your wife sees him. Payer and thoughts are coming your way from my place.

Love to you and your wife. 

Dick

I can GUARANTEE that she sees him...........because I will be TAKING her........lol

• JRJ said thank you

#164 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Well, I was hoping that the next post that I made on this thread would be GOOD news for a change............well it just isnt in the cards it seems.  I took Kimme to the Cardiologist the week before last and he pretty much told us that since she already had so many Dr's taking care of her, that he just needed to step aside and leave it to her Oncologist to be her "primary care" physician.  He did do an Echo-cardiogram and blood tests while she was in the office and ultimately had her Thyroid med dosage increased due to her Thyroid levels being HIGH.  They also doubled her Lasix dosage due to all of the fluid that she has been retaining in her legs. She has gained over 30 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks and that is not due to what she has been eating.  Well fast forward to last night a little after midnight, we went to bed and for a change she was able to get snuggled up close enough to me in the bed that I could actually hear her breathing and I could tell that something wasnt right.  I got concerned because she was breathing too fast and too shallow.  I got up and sent my sister in law (nurse) a text message to verify what her respiratory rate should be and it was almost DOUBLE what it should be. So I got up and called her oncologist's office and spoke to the Dr' on call and she told me "going by what you have told me and her current medical condition and complications, you need to call the paramedics and DO NOT TRY TO DRIVE HER TO THE ER YOURSELF. That in itself freaked me out. My sister in law had told me to get her sitting up and it should go down but it didnt.  I called the paramedics to come check on her and they suggested that she be taken by ambulance to the ER as well...........so they loaded her up and off she went again.  I stayed at the house long enough to get the kids out of bed, dressed and waited for my sister in law to show up to pick them up.  It was about 2am by this time, I was pulling out of the drive way as she pulled in the drive.  When I got to the hospital, her heart rate and respiratory rates were still way to high so they admitted her.  They ran CT scans, blood tests last night and then again this morning.  She has some fluid around her lungs but not enough to warrant them draining it right now but she does have fluid building up in her abdominal cavity again that they will probably have to drain at some point during her stay.  They are planning to keep her for the better part of next week so I will be spending the nights at the hospital with her at night and then going to work @3 and then going back to the hospital when I get off work.  I plan to have a nice long talk with her Oncologist Monday or whenever I have the chance.  I need some answers as to what I can expect as far as her prognosis is. She has pretty become immobile due to the fluid build up in her legs and I am not real comfortable with leaving her at home from 2am until 11:30 am while I am at work.  She can get up out of her recliner and go to the bathroom but it is a MAJOR struggle for her and wears her out.  Her mother came and got her last Monday and spent the day with her at her brothers house. Well when she brought her home, she tripped and fell on the step up onto the front deck. She could NOT get up on her own and I just about pulled my back out picking her up.

Ok enough rambling for tonight.  I am exhausted and I am sure I am forgetting something.  I will update everyone as I get them.

• MH81, HDWildBill, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#165 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hate to hear she's having such an extreme hard time...all of you for that matter.  Sometimes life just isn't fair, and you guys know that all too well.  My prayers for you will continue Robert!

• oldedeeres, JRJ and SupplySergeant have said thanks