#1 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well I got a carb for the HH120 in my 1054.

100_1105.JPG

BUT it has a small problem.One that I've never encountered with any carb.

The throttle shaft will need a bushing but I've never seen one wear this bad at the bottom before.

100_1107.JPG  

See the hole?

100_1109.JPG

Anywho,I found a decent newer style carb off of a 12hp snow blower and a air cleaner assembly off of an older narrow hood sears suburban that will fit under the hood without having to cut the hood.

Cool looking little HD badge isn't it?

100_1102.JPG   100_1103.JPG

The air cleaner is very close to touching the float bowl.So I dug up a spacer and a slightly thicker gasket.

100_1104.JPG

I will most likely put bushings in the older LME 27 and have my uncle weld the hole shut.He is really good at welding.He welded Cannondale bikes together for 27 years before they closed up shop and went overseas.

I have 2 fuel pumps for the LME carb that are still good and they seem to start and run a bit better with a fuel pump.For now It will be gravity feed.

Going to have to enlarge the throttle linkage hole slightly and reset the governer but it should work till I get the other 1 done.

I paid $10 for the LME 27 and $30 for the air cleaner and the newer carb.I put a full rebuild kit into the newer carb.I have a couple carb kits laying around 

Edited by EricFromPa, September 13, 2013 - 06:49 PM.

• boyscout862, Newpaws493 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 06:50 PM

Wow I have never seen a carb worn that bad either, cool HD badge on the air cleaner too. Did you get the spring for the 800 sometime this past week?

• EricFromPa said thank you

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Wow I have never seen a carb worn that bad either, cool HD badge on the air cleaner too. Did you get the spring for the 800 sometime this past week?

Yes sir I got it yesterday morning and installed it.She runs alot better and the governer can now pull the spring and open up the butterfly if it needs to.I was putting around the yard at 1/4 throttle in 3rd gear and it seems to work good.It has tons of power but I think the connecting rod is getting a bit loose.It will knock a bit not not all of the time.

I'm going to reset the points and see if that clears it up.I hope it does.It's a very good running little engine.

It doesn't smoke at all and uses no oil.You can pull the dipstick out without getting an oil bath so I'de say it has no blow by.And I got the charging system working and wiring done.

She's a bit ugly but she's a heck of a good runner.Had the tiller on and tilled under part of the garden with it.Boy does that big tiller push the tractor around if you don't have the tiller foot down in the dirt.I went for a hairy ride a couple times before I remembered it had a holding foot.

Edited by EricFromPa, September 13, 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#4 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm :offtopic: but, Sending :thumbs:  :thumbs: to your uncle. My lil ole cannodale is still one of my pride & joys! :rocker2:  Lightweight and made to last. 

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 12:14 PM

You just can't beat the older Cannondale bikes.They were built to last.

Had to order a few seals for the 36" deck on the bolens.I have a bigger 42" but the little guy seems to cut alot better.Did alot of digging for seals and came up with a direct replacement seal for the gear box.  1 1/4" OD  3/4" Id   1/4" width

SHAFT DIAMETER : .750"  

OUTSIDE DIAMETER : 1.250"

WIDTH : .250"

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

Federal Mogul/National part # 470954

Edited by EricFromPa, September 14, 2013 - 12:15 PM.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#6 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm glad to hear the 800 is working good for you. It's good that the engine runs great too. I was told that it was rebuilt but can't say for sure if it was.

Edited by farmerall, September 14, 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#7 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Darn I thought it was going together to easy.lol

BUT I got lucky.The throttle shaft had to be changed because it was opening the throttle when it should of been closing it.The one out of the LME carb fits perfect.All I had to do is take a tiny round file and slot the butterfly holes slightly and it all bolted back together.It's not binding on anything and it opens and closes the butterfly the way it should.

The idle stop screw does nothing now but I can bend the arm a bit so it stops.Still need to get a selenoid and finish the wiring but it looks good so far.

Here's a couple late night pics of the carb bolted on.

100_1110.JPG    100_1113.JPG

100_1111.JPG    100_1112.JPG

I think this will work until I either get the LME fixed or find another LME 27 carb body.

Anyone happen to have one and need a decent Zenith carb?  It's a bit dirty but it's not bent up or beat up.

I'm willing to swap even up.

000_0199.JPG

Don't know why I keep calling it a 1054 lol.It's a 1254.

I'm getting a G11 parts tractor with a good running 11hp briggs soon.The tube frame on it is busted off where the front engine bolts are.I guess it was cracked and it busted when they unloaded it.

The front axle is gone and the hood is long gone and the rear fenders are butchered up.I don't feel bad using it as parts.She's really rough BUT it has a few parts left that are good.Spare engine for the 1254 with complete wiring and all the pulleys.I need the clutch hanger off of it.Mine is worn pretty good.Supposed to be holes for the pins and not slots lol.

Edited by EricFromPa, September 14, 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#8 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:20 PM

You might find these handy...See:

http://gardentractor...ross-reference/

and..:

http://www2.chicago-...okup_457010.htm

( http://gardentractor...als#entry164938 )

Keep up the good work.

• EricFromPa said thank you

#9 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Awesome info Newpaws thank you very much.I book marked the links.