That looks like a real worker, but man, you gotta do something about that seat.
My butt is getting soar just looking at it.
Oh Ya, that seat. Not only is it harder than a church pew; it is not really fastened that well on one side and you have to keep yourself positioned with a fierce grip on the steering wheel. Had a boo at Princess Auto the other day and saw a couple that would likely work on this horse's back. Gonna take a few measurements of the old brackets before I buy one though.
Bought this rig in August and have been picking at it as time allows. She was/is in rough shape but is very solid all the same. No brakes, lights, fenders, speed selector function and the mower needs three blades. However, the plough and double disk set were a nice bonus. I think she had a hard life; the guy I bought it from only used her to mow. The attachments were never used in 15 years. He told me that he did nothing with the machine in the entire time he owned it in the way of maintaining it other than oil changes. The filler tube was quite loose in the block and oil was blowing out and covered everything. First thing I did was fix that. Amazingly, that was the only oil leak. He had no information on the previous owner what~so~ever.
Next step is finishing the snowblower nod's I started a month or so ago. Lucked into a nearly new Cub unit and looks like that will work well for dealing with the drifts that no doubt are around the corner. Have a look on Youtube for "adapting Cub....to massey" to see the progress.
Once the blower is finished I have to get the trans oil and filter changed. I would not be surprised that both are original from 1977.
Thanks for the comments.