• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:24 PM

How much extra $'s does the backhoe cost?   Just curious.

#17 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:57 PM

How much extra $'s does the backhoe cost?   Just curious.

5 grand.  If I used it a lot, I would have found a way.  I never used one.  I'm sure I could find jobs for it but I would rather not part with the extra 5 grand right now.

#18 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:51 AM

That seems to be pretty close to what the Hoe runs for all brands I have looked at.

I really want a hoe and think if a guy had one he would find all kinds of uses for it he would not have imagined.

I have about 1/2 acre of marsh(primarily formed by runoff from the concrete at the elevator NE of me) that I would like to tile. That marsh drains into a waterway that runs into the neighbor south of me's pond. At the lower end the banks are about 4 ft high. I would like to taper back the banks to reduce erosion.

Then there is the spring I would like to tap for garden irrigation and water lines from that. 

I think those projects if hired out would pretty much pay for the hoe, and everything after would be gravy?

Then there is always the fact that as I am getting older I no longer run a spade as well as I once did and a hoe would plant trees easily.

If a guy really got desperate for seat time, I'm pretty sure he could dig potatoes with a hoe. :rolling: 

Ah the list goes on and on!!

Edited by JD DANNELS, September 13, 2013 - 09:01 AM.

• MH81 and David Brown have said thanks

#19 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 09:15 AM

That seems to be pretty close to what the Hoe runs for all brands I have looked at.

I really want a hoe and think if a guy had one he would find all kinds of uses for it he would not have imagined.

I have about 1/2 acre of marsh(primarily formed by runoff from the concrete at the elevator NE of me) that I would like to tile. That marsh drains into a waterway that runs into the neighbor south of me's pond. At the lower end the banks are about 4 ft high. I would like to taper back the banks to reduce erosion.

Then there is the spring I would like to tap for garden irrigation and water lines from that. 

I think those projects if hired out would pretty much pay for the hoe, and everything after would be gravy?

Then there is always the fact that as I am getting older I no longer run a spade as well as I once did and a hoe would plant trees easily.

If a guy really got desperate for seat time, I'm pretty sure he could dig potatoes with a hoe. :rolling: 

Ah the list goes on and on!!

Where was this logic a couple of days ago when I did the deal?

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 11:58 AM

Where was this logic a couple of days ago when I did the deal?

Sorry I never thought to comment before. It is not something I have not given a lot of thought.

#21 MF10Ryan OFFLINE  

MF10Ryan

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 7917
  • 244 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Dad told me you got one, but I havent been on much.  

Nice looking Massey, Lookin' forward to seeing it dig a few Furrows here and there!

• David Brown said thank you