Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Instead of donating money this year feed a veteran.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 08:24 PM

Bare with me, I'm not trying to spam up the site or anything. We normally donate $10 - $50 to one or two charities each year. My wife works for the county transportation system. They provide bus rides to people on medical assistance. Granted there are people that are truly in need of the service it is amazing how many people abuse the system.

Our tax dollars pay for meth heads to get daily dosages. Not just that but we pay for their reimbursement to drive their own vehicles to get their dosages. I don't want to get into a huge rant over this but there are vets that don't qualify for medical assistance because they make $600 a month but yet people on welfare can qualify for medical assistance while they are also getting over $1,500 a month from welfare.

If you do donate this year, why not donate a meal to a veteran / family this year. Even if you just provide the food or if you would want to cook it for them and let them pick it up.

We are going to be doing this for two vet families this year instead of donating to other charities. I am tired of seeing our vets who have served for this country and our rights and freedom getting shit on all the time by the same country they fought for.

</end rant>
  • Bolens 1000, olcowhand, mjodrey and 5 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 08:40 PM

That's a super idea George!

#3 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 08:51 PM

Nice rant George. We need a lot more of neighbor helping neighbor. This is one of the things that helped build this great nation, and it seems to have go by the wayside. In the old days, if a neighbor or somebody down the road needed help, we always pitched in to help. Of course, you always seemed to find out about them at church, which most people don't do anymore. A lot of veterans and their families are hurting. When you take a reservist away from his regular job for active duty, his family seems to fall through the cracks.
also, many veterans who had a hard time in combat will not talk about it and will pull away from society. If you know somebody like this, just a simple visit, or invitation to a meal could mean a lot. Toys and clothes for the kids, a few groceries, a small token gift for mom or dad, anything you can do will return a warm and fuzzy feeling. It will help a lot, and will return a little bit of CHRIST into CHRISTMAS. You can find veterans sometimes by contacting your county Veterans Service Office. If we don't start helping each other out, we are going to be in dire straits, as the Govt gets bigger and we mean less every day.
WOW, sorry George you must be infectious, I'll shut up now.

Regards George

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 08:57 PM

George, what a crazy idea... that an individual could do more good than our gov't...

Excellent Idea & it makes me proud to know you.

If you're having trouble determining who may need your help, contact your local POW, MIA guys. Around here, they have their stuff together and will try their best to make sure the meal/coupon/certificate/etc gets to the right person. Other places that may help with organization or directions, VFW, American Legion, etc. Small town Fire Departments or Police departments may be able to make sure a restaurant or grocery store gift certificate gets to the people who need it most.
  • dryrun said thank you

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 09:06 PM

I am so sick of our welfare system. I understand it helps some but they need to do something about the people that abuse it. I am not racist, I am not against immigration. What pisses me off is these people that come in to the welfare office or my wife's work with high dollar jewelry, brand new sneakers, brand new car and 10 babies :wtf:

Add a Christmas card to the donation also and let them know how thankful you are for their service and notice I said Christmas not happy holidays for you ACLU people.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 09:08 PM

I have another email too I wanna post. I will get that one posted as well tomorrow night. I am on a rampage LOL

#7 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 09:19 PM

YOUR ON A ROLL! go man go! If we don't keep talking and doing something about it, The crowd in WASHINGTON will get their way. We'll be just like Daniels cattle, they will feed us and milk us for all they can get. [just kidding Daniel]

#8 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 09:52 PM

I believe one of the greatest boondoggles ever was taking the responsibility for help and welfare away from the township trustees, and turning it over to the state. Local trustees knew everybody and could tell in a minute if they had a legitimate need or not. But, instead of that, we now have a massive govt office that never meets, or even talks to people. As long as you know the right answers to their questions, you can manipulate the system. I have a daughter with 4 kids who was abandoned by her husband. She lost her job about three months ago. My wife and I could not help too much, we are on soc sec. She had to take public assistance for about two months until she found a new job. She is now back on her feet and doing good. She felt bad, but I told her that I worked for 50 yrs on the books, and I had already paid for it. I regret that I am also paying for a lot of people that don't.

This is the greatest nation in the world, and we will survive.

Regards George

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 10:20 PM

:ditto:

Good comments/thoughts everyone

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 05:51 AM

Excellent Idea & it makes me proud to know you.

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 05:52 AM

#12 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 07:28 PM

...Excellent Idea & it makes me proud to know you...

Me too...and for many other reasons as well!

:ditto::ditto: