hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 09:08 PM

[ attachment=84175:DSCF4300.JPG]

" .....I fly at half - staff for those to remember, I fly at half - staff for that day in September, I fly in the sun,

the snow and the rain. I fly for those who are still in pain. On a pole of metal, wood or plastic, I fly for a country I

believe is fantastic. I'm raised in the morning and lowered at night. In some places I fly at night with a light as it shines on me big and bright. Today I fly at half - staff for those we remember on that day in September." We Never Forget And Never Will" for those who gave some and those who gave all. An American Flag I am Proud To Be, flying at half - staff for all to see. Never Forget, Never Will,

as we all remember those heros call.." Lets Roll...."

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF4300.JPG

Edited by hamman, September 10, 2013 - 09:22 PM.

• MH81, Alc, KennyP and 9 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 06:46 AM

I just set mine to half-staff!

• hamman said thank you

#3 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Can someone tell me why this day is not already a national holiday?  I would think any number of slimey polititions would jump all over the chance to get their names on a bill in congress...  For some reason they are not.  Are we eventually supposed to forget....?

• MH81 and hamman have said thanks

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 07:57 PM

I am shocked that it's already been 12 years since this horrible attack.  No matter how long I live, watching the video of these events will always give me the willies.  That's how it should be.  If it doesn't bother you to watch, something is terribly wrong with you.

• MH81 and hamman have said thanks

#5 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Can someone tell me why this day is not already a national holiday?  I would think any number of slimey polititions would jump all over the chance to get their names on a bill in congress...  For some reason they are not.  Are we eventually supposed to forget....?

Many want us to, and sadly many have already.

Massport the people who run Logan airport where two of the planes came from, full of many local people who died,  decided today 9/11 would be a good day to hold a real like disaster drill with real fire, smoke at the airport. Needless to say any people are upset about the timing, myself included. I can remember the day like it was yesterday, the jets stationed on Cape Cod sent to take the planes down fly over my area often. That's also one thing I remember the most the days after, no air travel, clear sky's, only jet fighters flying over head.

• MH81, hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#6 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 10:13 PM

Today is always a bad day for me. I will never forget! Even after 12 years It seems like it just happened. Being that I was doing search and rescue at ground zero for 2 weeks, I just can't get the images out of my head. And it is still hard for me to talk about. :(

• John@Reliable, MH81, hamman and 1 other said thanks

#7 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 05:55 AM

chris m ......Thank you for your sacrifice of time and energy. Your efforts were not in vain. 12 years later we still grieve for those who were lost and for the pain their families, friends, rescuers and American Citizens still go thru. That day a little of the USA died, That day they woke a sleeping giant, that day they brought the finest people in the world to their knees, that day they decided they would make fools of US, that day they forgot who the U.S.A. was. Since then they have found out we are no longer on our knees, we are no longer going to take it and WE are the United States Of America and We are Comming For Them. We have the finest Millitary in the world. True Americans are resilient, loving, spititual and most of all Americans and we take care of our own. "To much to be said to to many who gave so much and received so little for what they have done. "     Roger. 

• John@Reliable said thank you