• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 08:16 PM

I usually don't push for support for different companies but I was forwarded an email the other day and I thought I would post it. Due to the rough economy everyone is hurting in one form or another. Sears continues to support our troops while they called to active duty. Instead of buying something at wally world that Sears would sell maybe try supporting a company that really cares about our troops.

Whether it is online at Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more or in a local store, even if it is just one item. Here is the email that was forwarded to me:

Sears - Christmas shoppingthis year…
Make this a reminder, since Sears is not always our first choice.
It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears has not withdrawn from their commitment. We should all purchase at least one item from Sears this year?

How does the company, Sears, treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. To support Sears in their efforts, may I suggest we all shop, at least once either online or at a store. If you go to a store, take an added effort to find a Manager to tell them why you are there, so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

I decided to check this before I shared it, so I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their reply to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.
Sears regards Service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358

• mjodrey, daytime dave, MH81 and 8 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 08:36 PM

Printed out & posting in the break room.

ALSO:
I just got off the phone with "Brenda" at Kmart customer service. I knew that Kmart & Sears were co-habitating & called to verify the same policy was or was not in effect at Kmart.

While she was a little skittish of going into specific details (cold call & I kinda blind-sided her) she was very comfortable in stating that both Sears & Kmart have the exact same policies for Military & Reservist employees. I thanked her for their company-wide support of our Military personal & she thanked me for verifying the information & wanted me to pass on a thank you to the person who let me know. It seems that neither company is tooting their horn on this & are doing good very quietly but appreciate the vote of support from John Q. Customer.
  • Orangeman05, Alc and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#3 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 03:03 AM

Please support all AMERICAN companies, whether it be the largest retailer to the smallest company making the best overalls in the world[ROUNDHOUSE]. You get what you pay for, and I don' t want to pay for my grandkids having to learn Chinese. But by all means, try to let all companies know that we treasure and take care of ALL Veterans, and ALL people in uniform.

#4 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 12:34 PM

I buy almost all my tools there....:D

#5 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 06:58 PM

I always make a point of buying Craftsman tools if at all possible. Also, I have 2 GT's from there. Even though they have changed over the years, I still LOVE that store. Found this at a flea market earlier this year:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1548.jpg
  • DSCF1550.jpg

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 07:23 PM

Dumb question...
What is that tool?

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 07:32 PM

Weeder or cultivator, right?

#8 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 02, 2010 - 08:12 PM

It's Craftsman's version of a Ro-Ho Gardener cultivator. Here's one I found just now on ebay:

1930's RO-HO Cultivator Garden Tiller Antique Refurb - eBay (item 150527132136 end time Dec-07-10 05:54:15 PST)

Edited by nra1ifer, December 02, 2010 - 08:22 PM.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#9 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 09:55 AM

I forgot to post this the other day. My Mom needed a new winter coat and my wife and I found her one on sale at Sears. Got to support Sears and my Mom loves her new coat.

#10 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 08:33 PM

I did my part too. 2 new tires for the front of my wifes mini-van. Went with the B.F. Goodrich Weatherhandlers. I usually get my tires at Sears. They're competitively priced and the service is usually pretty good too.

#11 Brett OFFLINE  

Brett

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7141
  • 78 Thanks
  • 287 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:26 PM

George, good info since it is the spending time of year again I figured I would give this a bump.. Being military it's good to read about a company doing this and not using it as a publicity tool. I run into alot of companies who claim to support troops and unfortunately they take great advantage of troops especially the younger ones.

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 05:14 AM

That is something I didn't know, but will pass the word around. Time to shop Sears!