8 replies to this topic

#1 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9851
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 11:11 AM

We are only a couple of weeks away and I am getting really excited to be able to host our 4th Annual Event!

Here are some final details that need to be covered before our big day arrives:

Parking:

Our field out behind the golf cart business is now home to a new barn that is being constructed. So this area is unavailable for our use. We will have you park just east of the elevator and will have a couple Gators running back and forth to give folks a ride back to the property. It isn't far at all, just thought it would be nice to help you out a bit. Only those that are arriving the night before (Friday) will be allowed to park across the street next to the golf cart business. We CAN NOT park between the golf cart business and elevator.....too many semis had a hard time getting through last year.

Show area:

Will continue to be in the center circle. Please pull in on the west end of the circle drive, unload on the property and then park down across from the church and just east of the elevator. Signs will be out to help mark the proper areas.

Swap Meet area:

Will start at the barn on the north side of the driveway and will head down toward the east. This area is not for general parking but for swap meet items only. Our swap meet area continues to grow with many awesome deals going on throughout the day.

Food:

Food will be provided once again by the Miller family. They will have things for you to buy throughout the day. We will try and make sure that coffee is ready to go for the early morning arrivals. I can't thank them enough for taking on this huge task of keeping everyone fed. I am sure they will have their awesome pies yet again this year for all of us to enjoy.

Show T-shirts:

Are for sale again this year. I am really pleased with the design and the quality of shirts are always a good one. I am only taking pre-orders for the shirts and might have just a couple extra shirts on hand the day of for sale. Since this expense is coming out of my pocket, I can't afford to have extra shirts laying around after the show has completed. Get your orders in now. More information can be found here:

http://www.wheelhors...t-t-shirt-info/

Plowing:

Having the opportunity last year to plow in the field was a big hit with all of the folks in attendance. The farmer that owns the field said that if the crops have been removed prior to the show that we will be allowed to play with the machines again out there. It was a big hit with those in the community and the workers at the elevator. They all were impressed with what our little red tractors could do. So if interested, please throw in a plow and be prepared to play out in the field.

Raffle and Show Meeting:

We will have our raffle at 2 p.m. in the barn (if we all can fit). I am in desperate need of some items to be raffled off for this year's event. A few of you have been so kind to chip in and provide some nice prizes for the cause. Remember that 100% of the proceeds that are raised from this go directly to St. Baldrick's Foundation in honor of the late Max Nunn. For more information on this little hero and what he means to this forum please read the following thread: http://www.wheelhors...unn#entry330242

In the meeting we will also be talking about some possibilities for the future and I need as many of you there as possible to help with some logistics.

Tractor games:

If I can get some things organized, I would like to have a couple of tractor games available throughout the day. I might need some helping hands to be able to pull this off.

Address of the show site:

If you need the address or directions to the show site, please send me a private message. Since the show is being held on my parents property, I don't like to paste the address all over the web.

Restroom:

There will be a port a potty on site again this year. Please again understand that this is the family property and traffic through the house needs to be kept at a minimum.

Camping:

There are a few folks that are coming the day before and will be camping out. You are more than welcome to join them and if the weather cooperates we will try and have a bon fire this year. Please let me know ahead of time if you are planning on camping.

Local Lodging:

If you are wanting a place to stay over night. Feel free to check out these local places.

http://www.google.co...22;n=1;si=;av=r

Seating:

We will have seating and tables in the barn for you to enjoy fellowship and a time to relax and eat. I would highly encourage you to throw in a lawn chair because the weather is going to be beautiful this year! smile.png

Safety, safety, safety!!!!!:

All ages are encouraged and welcome to attend. Please understand that the show property is right next to a country road where some locals feel the need to see how fast they can get their 4 cylinder going in a small stretch. If you have children attending, please keep an eye on them as I would hate for a horrific accident. Please be careful with all of the machinery. This show has turned in to a great thing for our family. We don't want the fun to stop.

Goal:

Last year we topped the 160 tractor mark for the first time. I am really hoping that we can hit the 200 mark this year. I need your help in doing this. This show is open for ANY brand of tractor and we encourage all to attend. So please tell your non Wheel Horse friends to load up their machines so that we can admire some of the history of lawn and garden tractors.

Thank you again to all of you that make the huge sacrifice to attend our show. We completely understand that we all have busy schedules, high gas prices, etc. get in the way. We are honored that you are willing to spend the day with us. For those of you that are new to the forum, this is a great venue to meet many of the folks here on the forum in person.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am looking forward to seeing all of you once again!

• MH81, Talntedmrgreen and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Please look at this aerial view and see where everything is going to be located.  If you have any questions, please send me a pm and I will get an answer for you as quickly as possible!

Show property.PNG

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Please look at this aerial view and see where everything is going to be located.  If you have any questions, please send me a pm and I will get an answer for you as quickly as possible!

attachicon.gifShow property.PNG

I didn't see the location of where you can park marked on there.  Is it on the map, or did I just miss it?

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 08:04 PM

looks like parking is down the road, past the elevator.

#5 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 09:32 AM

Yes, just a little down the road in the open field by the elevator. 

#6 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:29 PM

I have a question. I guess it may have already been posted. But when is it?

#7 GlenPettit OFFLINE  

GlenPettit
  • Member No: 34353
  • 520 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 09:30 AM

Very good question:  Saturday, October 5th, 2013.

Runs from about 8am until late afternoon.

(date was buried within the Sept 05 post)

Edited by GlenPettit, September 15, 2013 - 09:32 AM.

• whfan74 said thank you

#8 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thank you Glen for clearing that up.

Yes, October 5th and it will be worth your time to join in on the fun.  We always have a great turn out and a lot of fun!

Hope you can join us.  PM me with any questions you might have!

#9 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 07:30 AM

Sounds like we are going to have an amazing turn out again this year!  I am hoping that many of the folks here from GTTalk will be able to attend and share in the festivities.

Please message me with any questions you might have or if you are needing the address.

Hope you can make the trip!