#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 07:13 AM

Michigan State Police lost a young Law Enforcment hero last night during an evening traffic stop. Trooper Paul Butterfield was shot and killed while affecting a traffic stop for a violation. The suspect (s) were later caught and arrested a while after Trooper Butterfield was shot. The suspect was shot during a short gunfight with Officers.  

I post this not to anger anyone or to open up a political discussion, I post this to Honor the Memories of all those Police Officers we (The USA) have lost to violence while doing a job they have a passion and appitute for. It is a thankless job, and yet everyday they don the uniform and go out and try to make our world, country, state, county, township, town or village a saffer place for us to live and work in. Without the dedicated men and women of this profession we would not have the freedoms we all enjoy today.

My wife and I both having been Police Officers have seen and felt the loss of a brother or sister in a senseless act of defiance or arrogance. My wife having been a Dispatcher for The Michigan State Police for nearly 18 yrs knew Tropper Butterfield well. She has seen many of her colleauges pass away much to soon while trying to do a job they very much loved.

Thank you to all of those Men and Women who Serve and Protect us every day. I include Police, Fire, EMS Our Millitary personnel and all those make this Country a safer place to live.      " .....Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God...."

Thank You. Roger.

• NUTNDUN, broken2, powerking56 and 16 others have said thanks

#2 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 09:02 AM

I will pray for the family. A loss for all of us.

• hamman said thank you

#3 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ditto.... those guys (and girls) never know what they are walking up to.... God Bless Them!

• hamman said thank you

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Roger, he will be in my thoughts.

God Bless America and all that makes her great.

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 08:00 PM

An officer in Bardstown Ky was shot & killed a few months back also.  He was actually set up.  People put tree limbs across an interstate exit ramp that he took every day to go home.  He got out to move the limbs & they came out & blasted him with a shotgun.  We've lost 2 area troopers over the years too.

Prayers to the friends & families of all!