• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 05:02 PM

Boy you have short legs. :smilewink:
That thing is cute. Is it yours?

Yes it is mine. It is a 1956 Gresham Estate Tractor - often called the Gravely Estate tractor because it is Gravely powered. Story is Gravely didn't offer a ride on tractor [at the time] so Gresham Machine Works in Kansas City bought a load of the gravely two wheelers and bolted on a conversion kit to make them a ride on. Some Gravely implements fit this machine and Gresham made some implements as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• gresham.JPG

• Cvans said thank you

#47 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 5,017 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:48 PM

It's probably just me but I really like that tractor. Kind of reminds of the first Indy cars. Thanks a bunch for the photos.
  • Gtractor said thank you

#48 Arcam8123 OFFLINE  

Arcam8123

• Member No: 134
  • 5 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 01:14 PM

Yep, that's a rare one. I've only ever seen them (or it) a Gravely Mow-In. How fast is it with those big tires?

#49 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 04:16 PM

Not very fast. Gresham used only LS gearing because they allowed for the 16 inch tires on the rear instead of the Gravely 8 inchers. This tractor is not running the factory tranny although I did get the original with the purchase. No idea what gearing it has right now. All I do with it is idle around shows so it works well. I'd like to put the Gravely Rotary Plow under it but would definately have to put the factory trans back so it would go slow enough.

#50 promaster OFFLINE  

promaster
  • Member No: 10344
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 01:00 PM

All running 8199 , (GMT9000 REBUILDING) ,350 PM ,PM 60 ,566,5660 ,5660,5665 /5665 SOLD 430,812,814,816 ,PM 60 ,PM 50, MANY L"s

#51 Arcam8123 OFFLINE  

Arcam8123

• Member No: 134
  • 5 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Not very fast. Gresham used only LS gearing because they allowed for the 16 inch tires on the rear instead of the Gravely 8 inchers. This tractor is not running the factory tranny although I did get the original with the purchase. No idea what gearing it has right now. All I do with it is idle around shows so it works well. I'd like to put the Gravely Rotary Plow under it but would definately have to put the factory trans back so it would go slow enough.

I saw one at a tractor show in PA in April. I told the owner that I had seen one at a Mow-In and he told me it was probably his, since he had shown it at one or more Mow-Ins. He said he might be convenced to sell it. I'd love to buy it, but I'm broke from buying a bunch of "new tractors". I actualy have a two wheeler that was made in THIS century!

#52 superDave OFFLINE  

superDave

• Member No: 299
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 11:15 PM

here is my westchester, and i also have a 8163 with 50' mower and a tiller too that i just brought home today,sorry no pics of that one yet.

just want to say there are some pretty neat machines on this thread

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02283.JPG
  • DSC02285.JPG

#53 leonardr4t8 OFFLINE  

leonardr4t8
  • Member No: 9764
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi

I'm new to posting here, but I'm glad to find some Gravely guys. And what an amazing collection of tractors you guys have. I happen to own 2 Gravely 2 wheeled tractors. The first one is a 1972 Commercial 12 that came with a 30 inch brush hog with the cross blade option. This one I got from an airport maintenance guy who was no longer up to being dragged around behind it. He'd found it in a barn, and ended up replacing the engine, so it's pretty low hours. I have the feeling that it's been repainted as the decals on the hood are not factory. The other tractor is a 1965 Commercial 10A. We found it in a barn in Texas, along with a 40 inch finish mower and a rotary plow that we dug out from under another collapsed barn. This one the engine was siezed when I got it, but after removing the fan shroud, I discovered that 10 years of mud dauber nests were what was keeping it from turning over. After cleaning that and adjusting the points and changing oil, it started right off. It's a ratty old tractor, and I don't have a picture of it, but I'll post one of the Commercial 12. The other attachments I have, besides the 2 mower decks and the rotary plow, are a 28 inch snowblower, a 48 inch dozer blade and a 42 inch power broom.

A.J.

Attached Thumbnails

• Commercial 12.jpg

#54 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Contributor
  • Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 04:42 PM

I really love that Westchester, i see they steer from the back..is it based on an L ?

I only have one Gravely, badged Belos Traktor-Sweden, i assume Belos assembled them under licence, or imported them i guess. This has a M.A.G engine, others i saw had two strokes so not sure they imported the engines.

BelosTraktor.jpg

For it i have the blade, 2 rotary mowers, a finger mower, cylinder mower, rotary plough and a snowblower.

#55 BcKc OFFLINE  

BcKc

• Member No: 6490
  • 14 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Well i guess I should join the fun.
I have 5 or 6 units aged fron '51 to a 7.6hp unit from '71 I think?
i thought i had a few and am forever getting flack about it, now i will show the ladies this topic and warn them!

I have to say some of the collections i see are huge and fantastic!
i will put up pictures as the units are assembled again.

#56 matt boyer OFFLINE  

matt boyer
  • Member No: 14225
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 12:59 PM

gotta love gravely nothing like them

#57 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 01:06 PM

Matt, Welcome to GTtalk, glad you joined us here. Make sure to post as much as you like and post some photos of your GT's when you get the chance.

#58 Bonzai OFFLINE  

Bonzai
  • Member No: 24421
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Mine's a 1978 816T with a twin cylinder Onan. My dad bought it new, and gave it to me in 91. I've had the trans apart a couple times. Once for a bearing, another to seal it up. I have a mower that's got a few patches, and a snowblower I had to bend into shape (I tried to blow a steel well pipe). Other than maintenance, that's all I've ever had to do to it! Like someone said, it's a real weapon :)

#59 wawcub47 OFFLINE  

wawcub47

• Member No: 852
  • 68 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:15 AM

I only have 1. 812 with mower deck.

#60 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 10:17 AM

I have a blade off one, does that count?