Allis Chambers B10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 12:57 PM

tell me what you guys think of this its about half hour away i dont know much about allis but sounds like a pretty good deal
allis chalmers b10 with plow, mower, sickle bar, roto tiller

#2 tweidman OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 02:06 PM

I think the sickle bar makes that deal. I always liked the old A-C's. Cool looking machines, I always look for those and the same vintage Simplicitys at the GT shows. I think both of those brands were made by Jacobson back then.

#3 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 03:39 PM

They were a really good tractor and the Briggs was very easy on fuel.I used the one that I used to have,had all sorts of attachments, the dozer blade,mower deck,sickle bar,front counter weight,rear wheel weights,rotto tiller,two wheel allis dump trailer,single furrow plough,chains.It worked very good and was easy to mantain.My Dad like it so much that he bought it from me when he heard I was selling it.The big catch was I had to deliver it to him.Sure why not it was only 1200 miles one way.Yeah I took it to him for Christmas that was 25 yrs ago.The sad part is my Dad ended up with Alizimers and sold the tractor and a few implements for $200 before any of us knew.I did end up getting the sickle mower,dozer blade and chains and still have them today.The best part is that there going to be used again on the Allis 716H that I'am in the process of restoring. Larry.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 05:58 PM

They're nice little machines & most of the parts are still available. On the drive, check for play on the right angle gear box & on the tiller ck for play / wear between the 2 tiller sections. These parts are NLA or really expensive.

That looks like the better dozer blade (with springs) and I'd love to have a sickle bar for any of my tractors :D.

I'd see if they're open to offers, but if it's as advertised... it's probably on the high end of fair pricing.
  • DGS345 said thank you

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 08:42 PM

I think that it's not too bad of a deal,what with the sickle bar mower.