33 replies to this topic

#31 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Oh, i forgot to ask... Does it look all original?

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say to repaint it.  The reason I say that is because it looks to have been spray bombed on the dash tower and the frame right below the dash tower.  Also looks to have a bit of flaking paint with rust under it as well especially on the mower deck.  It definately looks to have an original paint job on the hood and the whole tractor looks to be original except the paint on the dash tower and frame.  Am I right on the paint or not?  Just looks like a brighter yellow than it should be especially after years of fading.

Edited by IHCubGuy, September 09, 2013 - 05:43 PM.

• CubHorse80 said thank you

#32 CubHorse80 OFFLINE  

CubHorse80
  • Member No: 19713
  • 159 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 07:03 PM

I havent decided yet, it depends on the overall quality of the paint.

#33 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say to repaint it.  The reason I say that is because it looks to have been spray bombed on the dash tower and the frame right below the dash tower.  Also looks to have a bit of flaking paint with rust under it as well especially on the mower deck.  It definately looks to have an original paint job on the hood and the whole tractor looks to be original except the paint on the dash tower and frame.  Am I right on the paint or not?  Just looks like a brighter yellow than it should be especially after years of fading.

Yeah, it all depends on what it REALLY looks like. I can see the fade in the yellow paint but honestly from such a poor quality photo it's hard to tell what the real color would be.

Either way we want MORE PICTURES!!!

• CubHorse80 said thank you

#34 CubHorse80 OFFLINE  

CubHorse80
  • Member No: 19713
  • 159 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, it all depends on what it REALLY looks like. I can see the fade in the yellow paint but honestly from such a poor quality photo it's hard to tell what the real color would be.

Either way we want MORE PICTURES!!!

I know, i know... i will try to get him to send me more!

:thumbs: :worshippy1: