11 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 10:29 PM

My wife needed a new foot bath so off to Walgreens we went, after searching the store high and low we found one, yep one, they had one brand, one style, and one box, uno, ein, one. We had already got the Epsom salts and a callous scrubber, (I didn't ask) so up to the counter we went. On the way up to the check out we could here the cashier having trouble and her manager trying to help her with a sale. Apparently our Walgreens is now a ticket outlet for State Fair tickets and the cashier didn't know which key to use, and neither did her manager. This had been going on for sometime while we were shopping we just didn't know the details until we got there. When it finally became our turn the cashier rang us up and said 51.46 and I replied, I'm sorry I forgot to give you my farm tax card that allows me a tax free exemption. I dig the card out of my wallet and she says "hun, I have know idea how do do this and how in the world do you think this is a farm tax deduction", I told her she might as well call the manager up again as the foot bath, salts and callous scrubber were for our "Two Time State Champion Wool Producing Llama" and he that he had a unidentified foot fungus and we needed to get that cleared up before the fair. Her mouth dropped and eyes glazed over and she said she was very sorry and called the manager in order to enter the farm tax number. I had her hooked and was reeling her into the boat, but being the sportsman I am, I just had to "play" her in. I explained our Llama "Shep" was the prize stud of our Llama ranch, "The Wooly Sweater" and that this foot fungus was holdin him back from his manly duties. She acted REAL concerned and then I asked her if she might like to see him, sheesh it wasn't like a date or nuthin, she didnt have to act offended, she would have changed her tune after a few minutes in the coral with him, he's quite the Lothario. Any way after her and the manager called someone else they are able to ring me up looking thankful as the line was getting pretty long and then I asked for fair tickets, AND that's when the stuff hit the fan.

shep2.jpg

Edited by OkieGt, September 03, 2013 - 10:37 PM.

• KennyP, tinbender7, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Truthfully when I read the topic my first thought was an animal foot bath, but thinking sheep not Llama's

• tinbender7 and OkieGt have said thanks

#3 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• Member No: 385
  • 681 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 10:41 PM

:thumbs: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

• tinbender7 and OkieGt have said thanks

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Truthfully when I read the topic my first thought was an animal foot bath, but thinking sheep not Llama's

That's because you have good critical thinking skills, you thought of other possibilities, its truly a gift

• tinbender7 said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 04:49 AM

That was a good one!

#6 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,499 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 06:39 AM

You dog You  :D  :thumbs:

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:01 AM

Mike, I often work with the general public, and know the glee they get from making a salesperson squirm... I'm not innocent either.

There is a local Valu Home Center that every year sells little tickets for a fund raiser for Habitat for Humanity. I will donate a couple of times, but as a homeowner, I am in there more often that I would like to be, and have to practice saying no thank you.

Several years ago, I got the sales pitch for the second time in 2 days from a very effervescent young lady.
I said I would buy a ticket, but that the lines are a little small for normal handwriting. I was filling it out, listening to her prattle on and on about this and that on filling in the ticket. She said people abbreviate the towns (the shortest of the lines) B.V. For Blooming Valley, Mead for Meadville, and gave me several more examples... Until I looked up at her and said "well, I live in Cochranton..." She went past red straight to purple... She didn't have any more suggestions :D

Hope your "LLama's" feet get to feeling better.
  • LilysDad, OkieGt and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#8 Canawler ONLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 08:14 AM

she says "..... how in the world do you think this is a farm tax deduction"

And yet they never question the person that buys Swedish Fish and Red Bull with an Access card.

• OkieGt said thank you

#9 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 12:53 PM

Good stuff......LMAO

#10 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Mike, I often work with the general public, and know the glee they get from making a salesperson squirm... I'm not innocent either.

There is a local Valu Home Center that every year sells little tickets for a fund raiser for Habitat for Humanity. I will donate a couple of times, but as a homeowner, I am in there more often that I would like to be, and have to practice saying no thank you.

Several years ago, I got the sales pitch for the second time in 2 days from a very effervescent young lady.
I said I would buy a ticket, but that the lines are a little small for normal handwriting. I was filling it out, listening to her prattle on and on about this and that on filling in the ticket. She said people abbreviate the towns (the shortest of the lines) B.V. For Blooming Valley, Mead for Meadville, and gave me several more examples... Until I looked up at her and said "well, I live in Cochranton..." She went past red straight to purple... She didn't have any more suggestions :D

Hope your "LLama's" feet get to feeling better.

I like you, ha ha ha

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Llamas spitting is somewhat of a myth, a few Llamas do spit, many do not. Llamas have one of six different personalities, only one really prone to spitting.

Edited by Cat385B, September 06, 2013 - 04:49 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#12 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,652 Thanks
  • 7,677 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Llamas spitting is somewhat of a myth. . . .

When I worked on the Tollway, we had a lot of deer roadkill to dispose of. For awhile, we took them to this roadside animal farm, who used them for lion food. One day Jeff, who was a certified OCD and a cleanliness freak made the trip. He wandered over by the llamas.

Yep, the animal spit in his face.  I guess that animal was a type 6 personality.

• OkieGt said thank you