• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 09:44 PM

So went to a buddies house and was discussing with him that my 10 year old wanted a mower deck for his 64 Broadmoor. He was the one to ask since he collects Simplicity/allis. He found one for me and packaged it with these 2 beauties. My 10 year old instantly wanted them. The deck was going to be a gift for his birthday. Needless to say, The gift grew larger: a 727 and a System 5010! He already has plans for the 5010! Here are the pics:DSCF5516.JPG DSCF5517.JPG DSCF5518.JPG DSCF5519.JPG the last pic is his Broadmoor with the deck under it. Any info on the 5010 would be greatly appreciated. It Has a 10HP briggs

• hamman, Littledeere, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Congrats on the finds! I'm sorry I'm no help especially with vertical shaft model tractors. I would assume they are a bit harder to find?? hopefully one of the simplicity guys came help chime in on this.

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Go to simplicity mfg and access their manual section and tpe in the model number, if you dont know the model number let me know i'll tell you, just dont have it on hand

#4 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 11:59 PM

The ID number (model number) is on the sticker on the right side of the tractor frame. It should be 1690007.

• OkieGt said thank you

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 01:11 PM

Wonderful gifts!  I've become a fan of these little machines, though I had never been big on vertical shaft tractors before owning one of these.  There are an enormous number of survivors out there, and many are still in regular use, with original engines.  So...they had to have done something right?  I like the ride they give...small, kinda cramped for a long-legged guy, turn on a dime, and pivot in the center vs at the front axle.  Unique, and fun.  Great for shows.

That 5010 was introduced in '75.  It has the largest powerplant of that style Broadmoor, with the 10hp Briggs.  They were offered with a 42" deck, which is a big swath for a small LT.  Very capable machines...lots of available attachments.  I've not had issues with any of the tranny's in mine, as they are a cast iron gear drive, like their larger brothers.  

The only thing that bugs me about them...they are a bit light weight for the work they can actually do.  On my hills, I'm fairly certain I could flip one over backward, and am a bit ashamed to say, that I have done just that driving up into the bed of my truck.  They are a bit light in the nose for pushing snow (blade down, steering traction GONE), but certainly try hard.  

In all, your son will have a ball with both of those machines!

• OkieGt said thank you

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 01:19 PM

I have both parts and operator manuals