• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BEN KAVALIER OFFLINE  

BEN KAVALIER

• Member No: 1415
  • 4 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 08:02 PM

panzercopar.jpg anyone know which model this is grille is solid and says copar panzer with a 6hp briggs and statton pull start back tires are 6-12 and the fronts are solid pressed rubber any help would be great.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 08:14 PM

Thats a Great looking Tractor you have there.
There are a couple panzer owners on here that should be able to help you out...

#3 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 09:14 PM

:welcome: to our forum Ben, glad you found us and joined up. Nice to have another panzer owner on here.I am going to have to check a bit to make sure on your Panzer model but I am pretty sure it is a model T-50 or T-55. These were made in the very late 1950's and were the first of the "small " panzer tractors. I believe your front grill is made of aluminum. Several of the things that make this model different from the 1960 and later models are yours has the solid cast aluminum grill versus the later cut out vents and cast iron grills. The steering set up is different as yours has the steering arm coming off and going to the right side spindle. Another difference is yours has the 2 speed forward pulley setup on it. I don't know the numbers of tractors made but I have been told that your model is a lot harder to find than the later ones. I think yours should have been red with yellow wheels on it.I have one much like yours but not near as complete in my project pile.
If you need parts for this tractor there is one guy who has them and is very helpfull.
Contact Jim @ dandysales.com. His phone number is 413-267-3697
I have restored a 1963 Panzer T-70 and a 1965 T-75. The 1963 Panzer is my wifes tractor. We have taken our " his n hers " Panzers to shows and have had a lot of fun with them.
Once again Ben, welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of friendly fellow tractor nuts who call this place home. Mike

Edited by tractormike, November 28, 2010 - 09:17 PM.
added phone number

#4 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 09:31 PM

:welcome: And enjoy.

#5 BEN KAVALIER OFFLINE  

BEN KAVALIER

• Member No: 1415
  • 4 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 10:08 PM

thanks Mike,
for the info, i've seen pics of red and yellow but the little bit i've messed with it i've only found the white and turqouise but then again i don't know too much about them. on dandy sales website under info they had the last year they had the copar badging they were turqouise in 1960 before the copar was dropped in its name and production was moved but they have nothing on the site discribing the model differences i figured other garden tractor buffs would be able to help with info

Ben

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 19, 2010 - 07:39 AM

Welcome Ben,nice looking tractor.