• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 milkdud OFFLINE  

milkdud
  • Member No: 43438
  • 66 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:11 PM

I can swing that 200lbs in the picture fully around from one side to the other.    Cool to watch the weight transfer from one rear tire to the next as you walk it around.

When I pick up a full 300 lb motor the lift is more straight up and the motor comes closer to the rear axle taking some leverage away from the outboard motor.

My back got tore up lifting these motors over the years.  This will save me some back aches down the road. 
Thanks.C

• Alc, KennyP and OkieGt have said thanks

#17 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:21 PM

That crane just brings back the bad memory of the day I lost the engine in my 600 Suburban.

600+lift.jpg

• OkieGt said thank you

#18 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:28 PM

understood.  next time I see my brother Ill steal one of his IH400 weights.   More weight the better.   

On another note:  When I checked the front wheel bearings the spindles dont look overly heavy duty.  I may be wrong, but how are guys using loaders on the front ends?  Do they hold up to the abuse of a loader?
Thanks

there cutting the 3/4" spindles off and using real bolt on wheel hubs in many cases, without it the tractor spindles/axles will really bend and wear, You could use pre1985 Allis/Simplicity wheels as a stop gap, these use real timken tapered roller bearings and will fit right on your axles. that wont address bending, but if your careful it should hold up.  You can also replace the 3/4" spindles with longer 1" spindles and slide a small trailer hub over it as well. This will also give more lateral stability

• milkdud said thank you

#19 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:29 PM

That crane just brings back the bad memory of the day I lost the engine in my 600 Suburban.

attachicon.gif600+lift.jpg

Sorry to hear that

#20 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 12:08 AM

... On another note:  When I checked the front wheel bearings the spindles dont look overly heavy duty.  I may be wrong, but how are guys using loaders on the front ends?  Do they hold up to the abuse of a loader?
Thanks

I can't speak to a loader, but this puppy was originally owned by a local Bolens Dealership/Lawn and Garden Supply Store, and was in use for 30+ years.  As far as I can tell, it has the original front tires and axles.

100_4719.JPG  

The mast is rated at 750 lbs., and I have no doubt that the original owners lifted that much regularly when they were unloading and moving pallets of seeds, fertilizer, salt, etc.

• KennyP and milkdud have said thanks

#21 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Nice addition.

I take it your in to boats? I see more than one motor on the wall :thumbs:

• milkdud said thank you