• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 09:10 PM

I've got a David Bradley here that came along on a deal recently.  It is not exactly my first by any means, but I am not an expert and I know there are a couple here for ol' David.

This machine is a 917-57561.  Series 262.  Thanks to Amigatec's informative website, I learned it is a Super Power. 

The pictures are usually terrible.  I don't know what I was drinking that did it, but...

IMG_5281.jpg IMG_5280.jpg

The good news is that it is implement heavy.  The cultivator is on it, while it has a sickle bar mower, plow, and a lawn roller. 

The bad news is that it is supposed to have a Continental AU8 engine.  I am lacking that.  I have a Tecumseh H50 on the ship, 143-695032. 

The second bad news is that it is lacking the hood, so it is missing all its pride! 

My first question is whether anyone knows if that engine is a Sears replacement for the original Continental.  If so, I would be fine to leave it, unless someone has a good Continental lying around to sell.  They aren't cheap to find, from what I hear.

Once I know whether the engine is Sear's drop in replacement, it would help me decide what belt I need. 

The second question is that I need a hood!  Does anyone near me have a good hood they would like to part with to make David complete? 

Thanks for anyone's help. 

Ben W.

• boyscout862 and IlovemyCub have said thanks

• Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:36 AM

I think the only Sears replacements were either Briggs or Continental.

• superaben said thank you

#3 cglisson01 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 48091
  • 261 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 02:06 PM

I was looking on ebay the other day and saw a couple nice looking hoods on there. So you might want to give ebay a try

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,424 Thanks
  • 2,785 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 05:05 PM

the only engine for it would be a Briggs, there was no conte replacement engines sold by Sears. Any model 8 Briggs would be a good replacement. Some of the 561's came with the Briggs instead of the conte engines from the factory. The 560 was supposed to be the only one with that engine, but apparently mistakes happened back then also. Some early supers had an AU-7 engine, but they are harder to find.  With out the hood and/or the correct engine the value is going to take a beating.

• Member No: 5214
  • 113 Thanks
  • 153 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Ben, I am over the mountain from you and have alot of parts, hoods included, contact me. Being a Farmall man, you may know the Wrights from over there, I cleaned out his DB collection years ago.

• superaben said thank you

#6 fletch6393 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 52387
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hi i have a bradley similar to his and i would like to know if anyone knows how much its worth? i will upload pics of it if wanted.

Edited by fletch6393, January 07, 2014 - 02:32 PM.