Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help finding lift bracket for my Cub Cadet 147.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 7,593 Thanks
  • 14,700 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 03:31 PM

I had finally bought a snow plow for my Cub Cadet 147 but I am missing the one bracket that is at the lift. I had seen the bracket that I need on another tractor at a show once. I think it is an s shaped bracket. I tried finding it on the parts search on Cub Cadet's website but the only thing that I could find was part number 489622-R1 but I am almost positive that is not the piece I need.

I was trying to dig through pictures to see if I had a pic of a tractor with one but I can't find one. I would really like to get the bracket so I can mount my snow blade on the 147. I know the piece I need is the one they make mention of in the service manual about having to cut down to fit with the electric lift.

#2 APPALACHIAN EDGE OFFLINE  

APPALACHIAN EDGE

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1368
  • 11 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hey nutndun, dont know if these pics will help or not some people call a blade a plow so best i can do !:wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• cub_plow.jpg
  • convert.jpg

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,299 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 04:44 PM

I wish I could help you George,but I can't seem to find anything on that.

#4 APPALACHIAN EDGE OFFLINE  

APPALACHIAN EDGE

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 05:13 PM

11 (4).jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 11 (3).jpg
  • 11 (2).jpg
  • 11 (1).jpg
  • 11.jpg

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • 7,593 Thanks
  • 14,700 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 05:45 PM

It's not on the snow blade or snow blower although I would need it for either attachment. The side shot you have of the tractor, it is at the bottom of the lift handle. I can't see it very good to highlight it. Need a bigger shot of the side of the lift handle at the bottom.

#6 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 01:58 PM

George - Call this guy: Michael Miner 860-309-0875.

He has a ton of plows for CC's as well as anything else you'd want; he can help you out.

Rich

#7 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 508 Thanks
  • 472 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 03:24 PM

There were two on ebay about 3 weeks ago. Igot one of them. I don't look at ebay unless I need something so I don't know if ther is one now. Look here . http://www.cubclassi...m/cubparts.html
$15.00
Posted Image

Edited by Grumpy, November 29, 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • 7,593 Thanks
  • 14,700 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 05:43 PM

There were two on ebay about 3 weeks ago. Igot one of them. I don't look at ebay unless I need something so I don't know if ther is one now. Look here . Cub Cadet Classics
$15.00
Posted Image

Thanks Grumpy, but I don't think that is the piece that I need but I could be completely wrong. Is that the piece that they show in the manual that needs cut down to work with an electric lift?

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • 7,593 Thanks
  • 14,700 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 05:44 PM

George - Call this guy: Michael Miner 860-309-0875.

He has a ton of plows for CC's as well as anything else you'd want; he can help you out.

Rich

Thanks Rich. I will try giving Michael a call tomorrow.

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • 7,593 Thanks
  • 14,700 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 05:54 PM

There were two on ebay about 3 weeks ago. Igot one of them. I don't look at ebay unless I need something so I don't know if ther is one now. Look here . Cub Cadet Classics
$15.00
Posted Image

I guess that is the piece I need Grumpy. I just pulled up the manual again and that is the one they show needing cut down to work with the electric lift. I will keep my eye out for one.

Now does anyone have a good picture of that piece mounted? :D

#11 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 05:59 PM

I guess that is the piece I need Grumpy. I just pulled up the manual again and that is the one they show needing cut down to work with the electric lift. I will keep my eye out for one.

Now does anyone have a good picture of that piece mounted? :D

if you cannot find one and get me some good measurements and a print I could make you one

#12 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 508 Thanks
  • 472 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 06:34 PM

Click on this link Cub Cadet Classics They have them in stock. Look under used parts.

#13 APPALACHIAN EDGE OFFLINE  

APPALACHIAN EDGE

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 07:40 PM

CUB CADET NARROW FRAME LIFT ARM BRACKET 489 622 R1 - $25.00 :: Patton Acres - Cub Cadet Garden Tractor Parts new and used

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • 7,593 Thanks
  • 14,700 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 09:21 PM

Well I never did buy the lift arm bracket and had time this weekend working in the garage putting wheel weights on the Cub and figured I might as well make the bracket. It may not be perfect but it gets the job done. :D

I just took a piece of 1 1/2" wide 1/8th thick piece of flat stock and cut it to length and drilled the mounting holes and I also added the clamp but I don't think it is really needed. It will work for now till I order the proper piece. I would have liked to of used a piece of 1/4" flat stock but they didn't have any at the local Ace hardware.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0121.jpg
  • DSC_0087.jpg