11 replies to this topic

#1 Florida_GT OFFLINE  

Florida_GT
  • Member No: 43958
  • 41 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 05:27 PM

For Sale: Bolens Estate Keeper EK-10

I lost my life-long best friend, and tractor co-collecting buddy, in a tragic accident last year. With a heavy heart, I am assisting his widow and college-aged son liquidate his small collection of garden tractors. They (and the EK-10) are located in Western NY, just outside of Buffalo. I am here in Florida but will be helping from afar.

Here is what I know about the EK: Original Wisconsin engine, with what my friend suspected was the incorrect air cleaner (see pics). The aluminum shrouding appears to have perhaps been repainted at some point in the correct shade of yellow. Engine shroud has a couple of fatigue cracks as well as a small chunk broken out in the lower left corner (see pics). Seat cover has duct tape along edge (see pics). Ran very well but please note that it hasn’t been started since July of 2012; I suspect that with fresh gas and battery it will crank right up but of course no guarantees. Comes with rotary mower in excellent shape (see pics), nice snow blower (see pics), Bolens cast rear weight, and snow chains.

We would like to get $450 for everything. Please contact me with any comments/questions. Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• EK-10_a.JPG
  • EK-10_c.JPG
  • EK-10_d.JPG
  • EK-10_f.JPG
  • EK-10_h.JPG
  • EK-10_j.JPG
  • EK-10_k.JPG
  • EK-10_m.JPG
  • EK-10_n.JPG
  • EK-10_e.JPG
  • EK-10_o.JPG
  • EK-10_p.JPG
  • EK-10_q.JPG

• wilberj, Bruce Dorsi, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Very sorry to hear of your friends passing.

If I didnt already have 3 EK10's I would probably buy this one.

Is there any other Bolens equipment besides this?

• Florida_GT said thank you

#3 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 06:38 PM

Very sorry to hear about your friend

Not a bad looking unit good luck with the sell.

Edited by wilberj, September 01, 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#4 Florida_GT OFFLINE  

Florida_GT
  • 41 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thanks guys for your kind comments. We all miss him terribly.

Bolens 1000, the EK-10 is the only Bolens that he had.

• Bolens 1000 and wilberj have said thanks

#5 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Wow, this is actually a pretty nice looking machine, except for the seat (which could easily be reupholstered).  That 42" mower deck even looks to have a brand-new looking PTO shaft with the Bolens part sticker still on it!  Very nice.  If I didn't already have 3.5 Estate Keepers and an 850, I'd buy this.  Of course, NONE of my tractors are running currently, but that's another story... 

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:37 PM

That 42" mower deck even looks to have a brand-new looking PTO shaft with the Bolens part sticker still on it! 

Its a 38''

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Sorry for your loss, very nice EK. What else did he have other then Bolens?

#8 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Its a 38''

Sorry, my bad.  IDK why, but I got confused and for some reason thought it was a 42".  The 42" has the gearbox mounted farther back on the deck.  I guess I've been away from my Bolens' for too long...  I forgot what they look like!

#9 Florida_GT OFFLINE  

Florida_GT
  • 41 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 06:38 AM

Thanks, guys, for the kind words and input. I sincerely hope someone on this Forum will decide to add it to his or her collection.

As a side note, my friend bought the EK from a 60-ish fellow who's Dad was a Bolens dealer back in the 1960's. Apparently, remembering the EK's from when they were new, the guy bought it as a sort of tribute to his Dad. We didn't get the impression that he really ever used it. Unfortunately, he was going through a divorce and needed to sell it, hence my friend happened to have the opportunity to purchase it. This was maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Other than putting it around his tiny city lot, he never actually used it at all either. I believe that the blower was mounted on the EK when he got it, but he removed it and stored it (along with the mower) as soon as he got it home. Everything is tucked away in his garage and has not sat outside.

Texas Deere and Horse, once the EK is sold and out of the garage, the next tractors that we would like to sell are a pair of round-fendered John Deere 110's. My friend's son is going to get me their serial number information as soon as he gets a chance. One of the 2 is a 110H, the other is a plain 110. The 110H has no attachments, the 110 has a mower deck and snow blower. Both are nice "survivors" with original paint. I have a few pictures of the 110H but cannot find the dang pictures that I had of the 110; although I will have some of it when I get the serial numbers. Beyond that, there are a couple of Cub Cadet Originals, a Simplicity 3112H, and an A-C B-10 although these last 4 he had stored in a barn at another location. At this time, we would like to get the EK sold immediately, followed by the Deeres, as they are in the garage at his house.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#10 Florida_GT OFFLINE  

Florida_GT
  • 41 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 09:32 AM

Price Reduced: $400

Good Morning All.

We are hoping that the price adjustment will help someone decide to add this unique machine to his or her collection. The EK and implements are located just outside of Buffalo; the zip code is 14043 and it is close to the NYS Thruway. Please contact me with any questions! Thank you!
  • Texas Deere and Horse and Attila have said thanks

#11 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Price Reduced: $400

Good Morning All.

We are hoping that the price adjustment will help someone decide to add this unique machine to his or her collection. The EK and implements are located just outside of Buffalo; the zip code is 14043 and it is close to the NYS Thruway. Please contact me with any questions! Thank you!

Boy, I would love to ad that to my collection, but just can't pull the trigger right now. I have too many other things to yet get home.

#12 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 02:30 PM

boy today it really hurts to be flat broke :boo_hoo:

• Texas Deere and Horse and Florida_GT have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sold