• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 treeslayer2003 OFFLINE  

treeslayer2003
  • Member No: 30561
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 06:53 AM

hey, there is a gravely tiller at an upcoming action near me. it looks great and i'd love to modify it for our 1650. does anyone know the rpm of the gravely riders pto? and do they turn the same direction. it is a beefy looking unit with good tines and about 36-40"

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,946 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 08:34 AM

There isn't much said around here on the gravely riders. I am not that very familiar with them. There are two styles, front engine and rear engine. You don't see many with the front engine which was made by Ariens. The two styles would have different drive lines to power the attachments. I am thinking that the pto might be at engine speed.

• treeslayer2003 and OkieGt have said thanks

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 12:59 PM

There isn't much said around here on the gravely riders. I am not that very familiar with them. There are two styles, front engine and rear engine. You don't see many with the front engine which was made by Ariens. The two styles would have different drive lines to power the attachments. I am thinking that the pto might be at engine speed.

Shorty, treeslayer also posted this in another forum, I asked for more info and said about the same as you. Hard to say with so little to go on and 1650 what? 1650 Cub, Massey, White? I'm sorry I dont know what he has or the tiller. The new model ariens tillers with a drive shaft may hook up to a Massey 1650, and possibly the White, but not the Cub. Hope to see another post, sounds interesting.

• treeslayer2003 said thank you

#4 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 31, 2013 - 02:53 PM

All your 800/8000 riders have the same pto speed. 1200 rpm. Makes no difference if its front or back as they are driven off of the same drive.

#5 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 03:23 PM

All your 800/8000 riders have the same pto speed. 1200 rpm. Makes no difference if its front or back as they are driven off of the same drive.

Your exactly right, but without an idea what the tiller is, or what tractor it fits, it seems a mute point

#6 treeslayer2003 OFFLINE  

treeslayer2003
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 06:59 PM

hey guys, thanks for the replies. 1650 massey repowered with p220 onan. I think the pto speed on them is 2000? the tiller is alone at an upcoming auction, it is gravely and I believe for a rear engine. it is a very heavy duty looking tiller. I thought gravely speed may be different. thanks again.

#7 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 31, 2013 - 07:30 PM

hey guys, thanks for the replies. 1650 massey repowered with p220 onan. I think the pto speed on them is 2000? the tiller is alone at an upcoming auction, it is gravely and I believe for a rear engine. it is a very heavy duty looking tiller. I thought gravely speed may be different. thanks again.

Also, don't get confused between a gravely rotary cultivator and a gravely tiller. All gravely "tillers" for the walk behinds were rotary cultivators. They do not take the abuse. Do some research here.  ;http://gravelytracto...ening-equipment

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Also, don't get confused between a gravely rotary cultivator and a gravely tiller. All gravely "tillers" for the walk behinds were rotary cultivators. They do not take the abuse. Do some research here.  ;http://gravelytracto...ening-equipment

The only gravely tiller I know you can use is from the GravelyGT18, and GravelyGT20 late model shaft drives which were Ariens clones, I dontthink you can even use one from the 7173H or 7193H as they were belt and pulley shaft drive, maybe but youd be modifying

#9 treeslayer2003 OFFLINE  

treeslayer2003
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 08:01 AM

it is shaft drive. I may go there today and snap a pic. my concern was mainly pto speed and direction. gp, thanks for the link.

• OkieGt said thank you

#10 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 08:07 AM

The only problem I can see in the Gravely reatiller that hooks to the rea is that the drive shaft is off set to the right you might be able to change the mount so the whole tiller sets off set and the shaft is in the middle, just really hared to speculate on something notseen