I have the tractor running again. I put all new hydro hoses on it. It looks pretty awesome. Sadly, the front bucket has the same symptoms that it did before. Here are the facts.
I filled the rear ... ahem... "thing" with hydro fluid. I filled until it was dripping out of the plug hole.
The PTO belt engages nicely.
The hydro pump appears to be working just fine
The bucket will tilt up and down, but just a bit.
I can tilt the bucket up and down, by hand. Very little resistance, though it is very heavy. :)
The bucket does not lift at all.
I did lift the bucket all the way up, by hand. Just to ensure that it was not stuck or something like that.
When I lifted the bucket up, my wife was engaging the lever to lift the bucket (not tilt). When I went to put the bucket down, it stopped half way. The hydro fluid was holding it up. When she moved the lever to drop the bucket, it slammed into the ground.
Okay, that's what I know.
Thanks everyone, I am super excited to get this working again.