sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 10:03 AM

I am new to this....and never have even held a yard sale.....so this should be fun. I am attending the show in Silk Hope NC tomorrow.

I bought out what I guy had from his dads passing away. I got a compressor, ac welder, torch and tanks, and a bolt bin as the stuff I plan to keep for sure....few other things I am on in fence with but will decide shortly.

I am posting some pictures.....give me your two cents worth.....want to sell it not bring it back home.....but don't want to give it away either. Especially the drill bits since if they are going to sell for nothing.....then I would just keep them. What do you sell non running weeder eaters for?? one is a john deere b1600...other is a homelight.......(yes I give mine away, but these two items I am selling for him)

Also anything you see I am selling I should keep??

I realize it is all over the board......just looking for some other opinions besides my own. Fire away.

IMG_3504.JPG   sell them individually?  have a lot more smaller drill bits as well

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3507.JPG

Edited by sacsr, August 30, 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#2 scotsman OFFLINE  

scotsman

• Member No: 2281
  • 31 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have been to a lot of flea markets that have tools like that for sale..

For the drill bits, files and pliers, unless they are something "special", high-end and rare that woodworkers or machinists would know about, and one of those guys happens to wander by your table, then they are worth next to nothing..sorry.

We are talking 50 cents a drill bit, file or pliers..if that. 25 cents each might get a few sales..

As for non-running weed eaters..a non-running John Deere might get 10 bucks, just because of the green paint..

the Homelight was garbage when it was new..you would be really lucky if you could get $5 for it,

realistically, its worthless..

sorry I cant be more optimistic, but these kinds of things have no real value..

IMO, they aren't your worth your time trying to sell..

Scot

Edited by scotsman, August 30, 2013 - 10:50 AM.

• sacsr said thank you

#3 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 10:54 AM

I usually have boxes with a fixed price of 25 cents / 5 for a buck for the little piddley stuff and ones for $1 and $2 etc, this area used to have an abundance of machine shops both large and small, so those types of tools are everywhere and unless unusual or  early Snap On types don't bring much but guys love to "rummage" and find a bargain.  

• sacsr said thank you

#4 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 30, 2013 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, the previous posters have it right. I also have a "five" for a dollar tray loaded with that kind of stuff.

• sacsr said thank you