Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Looks Like Someone Is Going To Make A Nice Little Profit.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 446 Thanks
  • 427 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:45 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a3095d7db

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,570 Thanks
  • 3,953 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:50 PM

That could be a fun tractor to have. I wonder what size engine it has. It looks to be taken care of too.

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:12 PM

That has to be better than a 4x4 ATV.

#4 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 446 Thanks
  • 427 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:18 PM

This was recently listed on this site by me from Craigslist.  Price was $600.  Someone stands to make a tidy little profit.

http://gardentractor...e-is-right-too/

Edited by BowlBuilder, August 29, 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,570 Thanks
  • 3,953 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:22 PM

This was recently listed on this site by me from Craigslist.  Price was $600.  Someone stands to make a tidy little profit.

Wow, that is a big jump in pricing.

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:01 PM

http://gardentractor...e-is-right-too/

I saw that, I  dont think people that buy just to sell are really GT afficianadoes, they are lovers of money. I wish someone that wanted got it, not someone that wanted to make a buck, nothing you can do about it anyway

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:43 PM

I saw that, I  dont think people that buy just to sell are really GT afficianadoes, they are lovers of money. I wish someone that wanted got it, not someone that wanted to make a buck, nothing you can do about it anyway

What happens is someone thinks that a national audience (eBay) versus a local audience (Craigslist) will cause that kind of price increase.  It does sometimes.  I know I couldn't sell my machines for what I do locally.  The demand just isn't there. 

Those who buy like that and double it like that are indeed lovers of money.  I do think we would all do it, though, if we had a chance.  Who wouldn't resist buying something for $600 and making $1400 if you were sure of selling it?  Then that money goes to the tractor fund, right!?!?!?

Ben W.

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:55 PM

What happens is someone thinks that a national audience (eBay) versus a local audience (Craigslist) will cause that kind of price increase.  It does sometimes.  I know I couldn't sell my machines for what I do locally.  The demand just isn't there. 

Those who buy like that and double it like that are indeed lovers of money.  I do think we would all do it, though, if we had a chance.  Who wouldn't resist buying something for $600 and making $1400 if you were sure of selling it?  Then that money goes to the tractor fund, right!?!?!?

Ben W.

sorry I wouldn't not even for double that. First I would never buy something to resell, I just dont have an interest in that or the money, to me it could bring on bad Karma. Besides if you dont offer to ship you lost all the advantage of your national audience, plus you've gained 23 percent eBay/paypal fees, unless you cheat them, which many do.

Edited by OkieGt, August 29, 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#9 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:16 PM

sorry I wouldn't not even for double that. First I would never buy something to resell, I just dont have an interest in that or the money, to me it could bring on bad Karma. Besides if you dont offer to ship you lost all the advantage of your national audience, plus you've gained 23 percent eBay/paypal fees, unless you cheat them, which many do.

My total ebay and pay pal fees run 13%. Almost half of what you claim. If that guy makes a $1400 dollar profit, more power to him! I'd like to see how long you would survive in this world without money.

#10 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:33 PM

My total ebay and pay pal fees run 13%. Almost half of what you claim. If that guy makes a $1400 dollar profit, more power to him! I'd like to see how long you would survive in this world without money.

I made less than 6500.00 a year in the last 3 years and feel I'm rich. I paid a lot more than 13%, I forgot my item went to Japan and was handled by a third party, sorry my mistake. I'm going to college and loss of vision has prevented me from working my self employed job of over 30 years. i cant see th erungs of the ladder or many things up close. You obviously haven't seen how many mostakes I make here, lol. I have never drawn one dime of unemployment or assistence of ANY kind. I can survive without much money apparently it is others that can not. I hope one day I will be able to be completely self sufficient (probablbly unrealistic, still hope)and that doesnt happen going to work for someone that steals your life for paper money, The Bible warns of the love of money and what can happen when we are chained to our wants, and a slave of our desires,it also talks of greed and slothiness, more people should read it. I'll listen and live by the Good Book. 

#11 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 10:22 AM

I make my living buying and selling items but I don't understand how that would make me a lover of money any more than if I made my living working a 40 hour a week job for someone else (unless of course I was working for free) or for charging $600 for an item that could have been given away free if it were no longer needed.

#12 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Nothing wrong with turning a profit... I too am the kind that would rather have seen it go to someone one here that could use it and take pic's/video for us to enjoy. But I'm also not going to pass up a profit making situation on purpose.

A month or so back I picked up a really nice mower that the PO said it was blowing smoke... had blow-by... yada yada. He listed if for $400 and I was happy to give him that for it. I worked on it for a week, used it a couple of times till I felt comfortable that it was a usable machine. I listed it (disclosing the past issues) for $1500 and sold it in one day... and the buyer was happy to give me the full price. I don't think that makes me a "lover of money". I could have been greedy, not disclosed the issues and sold it for $2200. THAT would have been wrong.

I took my $400 and put it toward it's original purpose and took the $1100 profits to buy 3 more tractors. :)

I would have liked to have gotten this one... not that I have a use for it... just because it's cool!!