#1 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 06:27 PM

I went on a GT trail ride this Fall, about an hours drive around through the fellow's pasture & timber, then a "pot luck" meal.

I'm looking into putting on one myself next year, if there is enough interest. Event would in north Missouri, about 5 miles off I-35 , 30 mile south of the Iowa line. I have a timbered picnic ground at the farm, could make the drive though some timbered trails, pastures & maybe an old RR right-of-way. I can supply burgers & beans with the rest being "pot luck" lunch, with the drive afterwards.

Whether Summer of Fall depends on the weather & the interest in coming. Let me know what you think! ~~ grnspot110

Attached Thumbnails

• FARM 002 - Copy.jpg
  • FARM 2007 018 - Copy (2).jpg
  • FARM 016 - Copy.jpg

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 06:47 PM

Sounds like a really neat idea. A way to build some comrodary amongst members.

#3 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 07:03 PM

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I really like the pictures around your place. Great place for a get together. Now the only thing is, when the ride gets close to PA, I'll start cooking. I sure hope your effort is a success and we could do one here in our neck of the woods someday. Definitely keep us posted on your progress.

#4 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 07:12 PM

That sounds like a great way to get together with some guys and have a fun time. I have been on quite a few farm tractor rides and they have always been a good time. Your picinic spot looks like a very nice spot to stop and shoot the bull.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 07:27 PM

Hey,what a cool idea.

#6 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 07:37 PM

I have to agree with everyone about how nice a time that would be.Problems for most of us is just way to far to travel to get there.Just have to wait for a update and pics.Larry

#7 papas yards OFFLINE  

papas yards

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1350
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 07:55 PM

great idea; before i moved to ala my foster boy and i did a lot of trail rideing with old lawn tractors in southeastern ma, it can really be fun and it is amazing what these little machine will go thru,, PAPAS YARDS

#8 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 08:19 PM

That sounds like a heck of a good time. Too bad most of us are so scattered around the continent. When I was a kid my dad and cousin used to take me out riding on GT's. We always had a blast, and it stuck with me. I still love to get out and ride in the woods or cruise around on a tractor.

#9 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 10:42 PM

When my son was 14(he's 20 now) we had his Wheelhorse Raider 10 and my mf12g weighted and chained for plowing snow. One night we got done plowing about 4" of snow but still wanted more fun so we dropped the plows and went for a ride through the woods. We had a great time. We ended up riding around on a frozen swamp at night with our headlights on, it was like riding in another world, an awesome time we will never forget. I would be willing to travel a few hours for a gt trail ride any time of year, if you've got weights and chains you'll get through.

Edited by broken2, November 27, 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#10 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 10:54 PM

:toilethead:

I went on a GT trail ride this Fall, about an hours drive around through the fellow's pasture & timber, then a "pot luck" meal.

I'm looking into putting on one myself next year, if there is enough interest. Event would in north Missouri, about 5 miles off I-35 , 30 mile south of the Iowa line. I have a timbered picnic ground at the farm, could make the drive though some timbered trails, pastures & maybe an old RR right-of-way. I can supply burgers & beans with the rest being "pot luck" lunch, with the drive afterwards.

Whether Summer of Fall depends on the weather & the interest in coming. Let me know what you think! ~~ grnspot110

If you supply burgers and beans before the ride you might want to add a porta-potty to the back of your 317 special. :toilethead:

#11 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,609 Thanks
  • 3,910 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 11:03 PM

I think it sounds like a great idea! Count me in.

#12 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 02:58 PM

I think it is an awesome idea as well. I would really like to see this evolve :D

#13 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 05:19 PM

I'll keep you posted! I've got some more checking to do (Ins., etc.). Need more participation interest before it will be worthwhile, I'd like to see a dozen or more participate. Not sure what time of year yet, I was thinking Fall, but some seem to prefer late Spring/early Summer. Doesn't make a lot of difference to me, as long as it doesn't interfere with my tractor show schedule! :D

Main thing is that I'd like to get a (GT) "get-together" closer to my area! I've also posted similar post on Weekend Freedom Machines. ~~ grnspot110

#14 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 07:06 PM

Maybe an add on your local Craigslist could help drum up some interest. If I wasn't 10+ hours away I'd say count me in too... but that's just too far for me. I do wish you luck, and hope for lots of pics!!

#15 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 07:25 PM

I think it is an awesome idea as well. I would really like to see this evolve :D

:ditto:
That sounds like a fantastic idea! It's a long way away from me but it really sounds like a good time. Keep us posted on the dates!