1 reply to this topic

#1 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 03:47 PM

A couple weeks back I posted in the Bolens' section about a G214 tractor that I was interested in buying. Long story short, I went out and took a look and this is what I found:

"I've come home empty handed but not disappointed. My youngest daughter and I went out early this morning to kick the tires and give the tractor a test drive. Here's what I found:

1) the seat pan was almost entirely rusted through across the bottom of the pan.....if it's been parked inside the barn then the barn needs a new roof.

2) the rear tires are filled with calcium chloride and the fluid is seeping out around the valve stems and along the inside seems of the rims.....I was able to pick off chunks of rust which gave me the sense that the rims weren't long for this world.

3) the tie rod had been snapped at one point and re-welded....whomever re-welded it positioned the rod at an odd angle and it was fairly butchered.

4) the front right wheel hub was coated with oil...looked to me that a seal had gone bad.

5) steering was next to impossible both on the grass and hot top....I would not want to be working that rig with a full bucket all day that's for sure.

6) the paint was faded, decals partially peeled off, grill banged up a bit and tail lights were gone (one of the kids found the shells of the tail lights and one busted lens.

Apparently, the tractor came with backhoe but that had been sold off (or something) some time ago. Out of respect I didn't even make them an offer and wished them well."

WELL, here's the rest of the story (this is the part that CHAPS MY A$$). Click on the link below to see where this tractor has re-surfaced and take a look at what the new owner has to say about it. Remember, this tractor was just recently for sale, by a different owner, in central Maine as of August 10, 2013.

http://gardentractor...-game/?p=357720

*If for some odd reason I am wrong and the tractor Matt is selling on CL is NOT the same tractor I went out to look at in Central Maine please accept this Matt as my apology for misrepresenting your claim and your tractor.

Edited by Moosetales, August 28, 2013 - 04:00 PM.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#2 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 05:37 PM

:( Sorry Dude.. :(