Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 08:46 AM

I have a few spare 'stinger' weights, mfg #990182, for use in the rear lift of Simpclitiy and AC garden tractors.  They weigh 22#, and accept up to 2 additional 'doughnut' weights (mfg #990045, 25#) for added counterwieght when using front or midmounted attachments.  All of my extra's are in good shape.  I have a couple stingers available, but only 1 doughnut, and would prefer to sell the doughnut only if combined with a stinger.

Stinger - $40 each, $55 shipped

Stinger/Doughnut Combo - $90, $105 shipped

Shipped USPS anywhere in the lower 48 (the gal at the post office must hate me).  If elsewhere, let me know, and we can figure it out.   =]   Feel free to contact me to stop by and pick them up, if you'd like.  Winter's coming, and snowblowers are heavy!

• OkieGt said thank you

#2 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have a few spare 'stinger' weights, mfg #990182, for use in the rear lift of Simpclitiy and AC garden tractors.  They weigh 22#, and accept up to 2 additional 'doughnut' weights (mfg #990045, 25#) for added counterwieght when using front or midmounted attachments.  All of my extra's are in good shape.  I have a couple stingers available, but only 1 doughnut, and would prefer to sell the doughnut only if combined with a stinger.

Stinger - $40 each, $55 shipped

Stinger/Doughnut Combo - $90, $105 shipped

Shipped USPS anywhere in the lower 48 (the gal at the post office must hate me).  If elsewhere, let me know, and we can figure it out.   =]   Feel free to contact me to stop by and pick them up, if you'd like.  Winter's coming, and snowblowers are heavy!

I'm going to attach the 44 inch tiller to the rear of my Ariens GT14H as a counter weight for the 48 inch two stage snow blower as it has independant lift for front and rear, that ought to counterbalance it, My Bolens tube frame is only a 40 inch tiller and with the weight of the hydro, rear axle, the ITP589 lug tires and my big butt I believe it will have plenty of counterbalance. My Allis Simplicitys are set up for plow duties, I wish i could afford a set thats an AWESOme deal, maybe one day I'll find some. THANKS for the opportunity

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Eh...I figure it's fair.  Probaly dropped more that that, back whenever I 'just had to have them'.  I'm all setup with what I need, or rather, what I like to have, for winter, and these are extras that someone else can probably use.  I see that pair run anywhere from $100-150, if I watch in the fall/winter.  I know there was a time when I paid somebody $75 just for the stinger, but it's too easy to replicate or find an alternative for, to ask that kind of dough.  They do have an appeal for the guys who like OEM, and they certainly make front attachments feel lighter.  Here's a local listing for the same thing:

http://lansing.craig...4030034439.html

The lift in early machines is not independent like your description above, so these truly 'counter' the weight felt when lifting a blower or dozer.  The front and rear lifts work opposite one another, yeconnected through the tractor's lift system.  Adding a stinger makes a 42" dozer feel about half as heavy, and a 46" maybe 2/3.  Add a stinger and a doughnut and they become feather lite.  Add two dougnuts, and the dozer is nearly balanced and will just about float.

• MH81 and drbish have said thanks

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:10 AM

Picture....

Attached Thumbnails