skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 03:26 AM

This was a very fun time last year and promises to be even better this year. There are all kinds of vendors there for the wifey to enjoy as well as a beer and wine tent set up right beside the tractor pulling area along side some serious good eats too.

Hope to see some folks from here , its free so stop on in and enjoy some of the best apple cider doughnuts I have ever tasted !! :thumbs:  :beer:

• hamman and Rock farmer have said thanks

#2 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Well we're ready to go this year, and we might even have a few more for the show !

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20130829_204018.JPG

#3 Andre Provencal OFFLINE  

Andre Provencal
  • Member No: 11069
  • 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 06:12 AM

We have trophys for first second and third first will be 200 to petes tire along with ale house gifts hope to see you there

#4 Andre Provencal OFFLINE  

Andre Provencal
  • Member No: 11069
  • 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 06:17 AM

also the scales will be avalible sat sun and mon to pre weigh in just give me a call 978-502-4584 im in the templton barre corner of Hubbardston

#5 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 01:13 PM

Awesome Andre!! We'll see you soon.

#6 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Saturday should be a good time, Sunday might get wet at some point? Hope not...
Andre , how many tractors are there ? Do you have room for a few more?

#7 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Now that was an AWESOME TIME!! Thanks to T&A tractor pulling , RedAppleFarm , and Gardner AleHouse for a wonderful event!! It went down to a 5 way pull off, 3 Fords , my diesel 165, my LGT 125 and our LGT 100-18, a Bolens 1254 and Andre's diesel cub Kyle pulled out a 24" hitch, i pulled out a 26" hitch the Bolens pulled out 14" and Andre went 17" the 100+18 only pulled 4".

It was a tough pull!! But my Fords never let me down!! We took 1st and second with the 125 and 165 the 100-18 needed different tires and it might have made it a 3some.
Everyone had a blast, especially Kyle , as he whooped his dad in the pulloff.
Along with some great stuff from the Gardner Ale House (AWSOME BEER AND FOOD!!) i got a $250 gift card from Pete's Tire Barn !!! Whoo whoo new sneakers for my boys !!! Lol
Andre is always a toughy to beat and this is the second time out of 3 we have done so but it wasnt at all easy!!
This is some real life type of pulling, you might do at home with your gt! And i tell you THEY CAN PULL!!
At the end the sled weighed in over 3300# and we were pulling on grass, rock, and soil.

Edited by skyrydr2, September 08, 2013 - 07:36 PM.

• KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#8 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Well apparently its not all as it is cracked up to be. With all the tevemoil at being competitive I don't much care for it . So I am done .
Seems being competitive is too much for some to handle and they get unruly. So rather than getting caught up in it, i'll stay in the crowd.
See ya in the crowd..
  • olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Seen it happen all the time.  Those that don't win, then throw a temper tantrum take all the fun out of things like this.  I used to race go karts with close friends on a track my friend built just down the road.  We started out having a BLAST!  Then they got rid of std old karts & got fancy race kart frames & throwing money at the motors.  I still had my plain-Jane kart & was still having fun, even though I had little chance at winning. It was still fun.  Then they started tossing even more money at their carts, which was fine, except they started pitching fits when they didn't win.  They continued racing & whining/fussing.  I sold my kart as I had no desire to listen to all their crap.  I never won a single race, and still had fun till they took the fun clean out of it.

• skyrydr2, tinbender7 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear of the disappointment!

• skyrydr2 said thank you

#11 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 10:01 PM

Yes very sorry to hear that. Seems no matter what hobby you enjoy doing there's always those certain people that have to always win believe me there's been many times weve had that happen including me. Perfect example here. I hooked to the sled  and I always slip the clutch around a quarter of the pedal to watch it smoke then it clears up and it runs fine. I got accused of having "pump" work done that's why it smokes. Really? If I had pump work done id be smoking so much youd be able to see me from the moon! :wallbanging: Just irritates me to no end on how these people are any more especially if theyre in it for the money. Our club pays back 10$ for first, 7$ for second, and 5$ for 3rd place and entry is 5$ and people throw a fit because they can make an extra 5 dollars and accuse everyone of cheating. Why cheat to win enough money to go to mcdonalds is beyond me :smilewink:

#12 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 06:37 AM

I've thought about dropping out before but I have fun doing it and the boys want to pull so we kept going.  The whiners will quit soon enough if you keep beating them or in our case they change the rules to outlaw your puller in one of the clubs we pulled with. Worked well for them we don't pull with them anymore but pull with 3 other clubs that want to see competition.

Try another club if you like doing  it, of talk to the board members about your concerns

#13 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:29 PM

We are not throwing in the towel yet! with this one type of pull, 3 out of 5 in the pull off were mine, and we took the top 2 spots.
We are still doing the transfer sled pulling and having a blast!
Just not going to bother with the other because they dont want "that level of anxiety to win" kind of competition. ???? So why would i try to pull your sled and tear stuff up then ???
Yeah .... Good luck!! We will just keep the rigs in the shop nice and clean, and ready for the next transfer sled pull.

Edited by skyrydr2, September 14, 2013 - 08:31 PM.

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#14 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,628 Thanks
  • 948 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 10:25 AM

I missed what happened. why did you want to give up?

#15 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Not giving up at pulling, just going to play in a different sand box LOL .