Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Open Side Lgt-145 Additional Gearbox Addition?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 milkdud OFFLINE  

milkdud
  • Member No: 43438
  • 66 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Wow that H16 looks really nice.   Yep I would like to stay in the 9 inch wide area for a 26 inch tire.  I did notice all the ATV tires are like this.  Just wish there was one that was a bit more normal looking.  I ride this on my lawn a lot and dont need lots of lug. 

Just my opinion, I think the taller narrower tires look more "tractor" to me.   

The floor pan, there are no rubber mounts anymore.  Just washers holding it together.   

Mercury Marine did that too, rubber mounted all the cowlings to keep vibration and mostly  noise transmission down.  I have been working on 6 cyl mercury outboards for close to a decade as a hobby.

Its kind of refreshing being able to buy a complete rebuild kit for the Kohler which costs less than one piston for a Mercury Outboard.

I know just enough about computers to stay out of trouble.   :)

Good night guys.

Thanks

Conrad

• OkieGt said thank you

#32 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Wow that H16 looks really nice.   Yep I would like to stay in the 9 inch wide area for a 26 inch tire.  I did notice all the ATV tires are like this.  Just wish there was one that was a bit more normal looking.  I ride this on my lawn a lot and dont need lots of lug. 

Just my opinion, I think the taller narrower tires look more "tractor" to me.   

The floor pan, there are no rubber mounts anymore.  Just washers holding it together.   

Mercury Marine did that too, rubber mounted all the cowlings to keep vibration and mostly  noise transmission down.  I have been working on 6 cyl mercury outboards for close to a decade as a hobby.

Its kind of refreshing being able to buy a complete rebuild kit for the Kohler which costs less than one piston for a Mercury Outboard.

I know just enough about computers to stay out of trouble.   :)

Good night guys.

Thanks

Conrad

I know of a set of TRUE aG looking tires 27x8-12 that are about 100 each delieverd, the tread is exactly lik e my old farmall