Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens garden tractor auxiliary hydraulic lift.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 02:34 PM

Alright all you Bolens nuts. Does anyone have any pics or diagram of the auxiliary hydraulic lift for the Bolens garden tractors?

We were working on the tractors the last two days and I decided to pull the lift out that dad had got when he bought the Bolens 800 to see if I could get it mounted. I figured out that I must be missing a bracket that supports the hydro pump.

The hydro pump has a bracket on it with 4 slotted bolt holes obviously for the belt tension but we are missing the bracket that it bolts to. I shouldn't even say we are missing it as we may have it buried in a bucket of parts somewhere.

The other piece that I need to figure out is the control handle. I did figure out where the cylinder mounts to which is right in front of the seat at those four bolt holes. The pump and cylinder are in great shape and the cylinder even has the lift height measurement rod that is in good shape.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 03:21 PM

Is this the system you are talking about?This is the first picture I could find on line.
Posted Image

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 03:24 PM

Yep that is the one. I need to figure out what bracket that the pump is sitting on and more details on the control lever.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 03:30 PM

None of mine have auxiliary hydraulics,they're all hydrostatic except for the 800 and the 1053.I'm trying to think whether or not Brian has a brochure with that pictured in it.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 03:34 PM

I have a feeling the bracket for the hydro pump is just a simple l bracket with some bracing that bolts to the frame of the tractor. I gotta root through our parts buckets because it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't in there somewhere. Just be nice to see what it exactly looks like. I would really like to see how the control handle hooks up too.

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 04:21 PM

Here you go:

Here's the parts list for the newer models: Hydrolic lift kit newer Model - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums
Here's the old style: Hydrolic lift (old style) - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

Pics are coming shortly...
  • grand and whiteotter have said thanks

#7 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,116 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 04:22 PM

All that mounts it to the tractor is two 1 x 1 rods about 18 inches long.There is four holes drilled in each.You have to unbolt the motor and remove the spacers the rods slide all the way across under the motor and two holes will be in line with the motor mount holes.The rods for the pump takes the place of the spacers the motor sits on.The last to holes on each rod have about four inches center to center and the pump bolts to it.So you have four bolts holding the pump down two in front and two in back.The contol rod is a simple setup.It is about i inch long and has two holes drilled in it.On hole is for the stud on the pump and other is for the rod.Handle rotats left/right for the up/down movement of the cylinder.
  • Bolens 1000 and grand have said thanks

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 04:27 PM

hyd 2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• hyd 1.jpg

• grand said thank you

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 12:42 PM

Good news guys. We found the under motor brackets and the handle. They were neatly tied together and laying on the one shelf. Got everything mounted but after looking at the pics posted I need to rearrange the handle.

I have one concern though and that is whether the handle or control is not seized or if it needs the hydraulic pump to be running to be able to turn the handle because it won't budge.

We need to get a belt yet for it. Since it is Christmas not too many places open so we are going to go tomorrow and get a belt. Anyone happen to know what size belt off the top of their heads? We measured it and it looks like it is going to be 29" - 30" x 1/2".

This was a very productive vacation :D

#10 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 01:26 PM

My manuals say the belt is 31''
I dont know the other specs though...
I would assume that the handle would move even if the pump was not running... but I cant say for sure because I never used one of those before

#11 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,116 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 01:52 PM

It should move even when the pump is not running.Those are pretty easy to work on and i would say the shaft is frozen or maybe the spring that works the handle is broken.

#12 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 02:03 PM

I guess I might have to tear in to it a little more. It won't budge at all. I am guessing the whole knob with the rod sticking out for the handle to attach to rotates?

#13 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,116 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have a parts brakedown of the pump and can upload it if it is not already there.

#14 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 02:44 PM

I have a parts brakedown of the pump and can upload it if it is not already there.

I have both the new and old style parts lists added.
  • wizard6 said thank you

#15 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 06:23 PM

Thank you very much for all the help guys. I know George will be able to get it working. I participate as the assistant mechanic as in " Dad I need a different size wrench" or whatever I can do to help at the time.
George wasn't happy until he tore the pump apart.The handle now works like it should.Everything seems to be free and working. We will get the belt tomorrow and see what happens.

Edited by grand, December 25, 2010 - 09:00 PM.