A little over a month ago I finally had some time and the desire to dig my National out of the shed. It had been about a year and two months since I had last fired it up and drove it. Since that last time a lot of stuff got placed in front of it and that meant I had to unbury it. Luckily I enlisted the help of my brother and we had everything out of the way in about an hour. Next we had to change the rear wheels due to a bad sidewall on one of the tires. Unlike most gt's and larger tractors that use lug bolts the National wheels are held one with nuts and bolts making it more of a pain in the rear to swap the tires. After fighting with an ancient jack my brother insisted we use the tires were one and it was time to add gas. As usual the old beast fired up on the first or second pull after it's long slumber and ran perfectly. I just drove it around for awhile then decided to mow my front yard. I think I was done in about 5 minutes. Needless to say this thing is way too big for my yard.
Some stuff pulled out of the shed.
More stuff taken out.
Still more that we took out.
Can you see it hiding in the corner.
Finally out of its parking spot.
Out in the yard it just mowed.