Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Figure I ought to share a bit...I've lurked for long enough  =]  I've looked for one of these Mac chippers for quite some time.  I had a shredder unit, and it worked great for small stuff, like shredding stuff I yanked out of the landscaping, running plants from the garden through it, but it wouldn't do limbs of any size really...trigs and such, but nothing much larger.

So, after selling the shredder, I located this unit with the OEM setup for my SImplicity's, out on the East Coast and had it added to a load I had coming this way a couple weeks back.  I felt like a dog begging to be let out for a leak, and my wife finally gave me the nod to steal a few minutes for a bit of fun work.  I had long enough to get it mounted (It's HEAVY), find an old tiller belt, and rig the idler so it ran snug (I'm missing a tensioner piece, to come later), and I was off out back to the woodlot.

For the curious, I did throw on my firearm glasses and ear plugs.  I think I use them more these days for tractor work, than for keeping up on my shooting skills, but I do appreciate being able to see and hear (these Lombardini diesels are LOUD).  This is a mean piece of equipment, and loose clothing or drawstrings probably ought to stay in the shop.  The vid clips are really about all I had time for...the boss was standing up by the house with a baby on her hip, and could clearly see me through the trees.  There's a trick to stuffing limbs in there with one hand, and you don't want to drop your phone!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WwEXOOm-Vzw

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I-Bi4IVbMBs

20130825_200435.jpg

20130825_200506.jpg

20130825_200446.jpg

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood and 3 others have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 06:16 AM

That is a mean machine.  There's nothing better than a diesel under a load.

Ben W.

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Tell me about it...I can't really find anything to 'load' that diesel yet.  I would love to pull a plow, but haven't had a chance yet.  I did pick up what Simplicity calls an 'HD' tiller, and that might load it a tad.  I can almost hear it 'feel' the shredder, but my belt tension is a bit light yet, and it slips some when I really push on limbs or fill the hopper with garbage.  I've never found a load that made her puff.  It's a tall-grass mowin fool.  With Simplicity's deep deck design, and the torque of that twin, the belt would go long before the tractor grunts.  I run a smaller 42" for rough cutting one edge of my property, and I love the power.