2 replies to this topic

#1 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10613
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 10:00 PM

I have a craftsman that quit working duo to an electrical short. I hate messing with craftsman electrical problems! So I'm parting it out. It, by no means, is junk it's actually a really nice tractor. Everything is electrical. Hydro, electric clutch, all that good stuff. Typical craftsman build though. The deck is in super food shape. The engine is no light weight it ran good and still does I believe the short is in the column. I was trying to find a wiring harness for it and swap it but so far no luck. This belongs to a friend and she has sense moved to a newer tractor and she is just looking to get what she can for this. The engine I'm asking $200 but if you want the whole kit-an-kaboodle I'd like $300. I might consider some trade options too. Looking for a fuel pump for my k161 or a light kit for me cub 100 or a decent hood for Speedex s18.

Model 917.252711
  • OkieGt said thank you

#2 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 09:18 AM

Is the engine a vertical or horizontal crank?

#3 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10613
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 10:01 AM

Vertical. It is set up like the modern craftsman with the engine pully underneath. Although it appears like the crankcase has mounting holes on the side facing the dash. So it might be convertible to side shaft.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, kohler 18 hp engine