• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 02:25 PM

On July 26 I lost my best friend Bubba, He wasn't feeling well so we took him to the vet and he tested positive for Lime, he must of got bitten by a tick, the vet checked him out and found a mass on his spleen, After a very in depth exam he called a different vet who was aggressive, pushing and twisting on him causing Bubba to jump and twist around. I had to inform that was enough.....sorry about the rant. To make a long story short we rushed him to a different vet at 10:30 at night and had to put him down.This is what we did for my old Bubba boy                                                     dave 013.JPG                 dave 015.JPG                                   dave 017.JPG                 dave 019.JPG                                   dave 020.JPG                 bubba 004.JPG                                 bubba 003.JPG                                                                                                            Just picked up the head stone today, now were almost done just want to add a bench. A coworker told me " thats more than most people get"  I had to inform him that Bubba was a better friend to me than most people. I know a little bias but you had to know him... hope you enjoy the pics and maybe it'll give someone else some ideas for their best friend   Thanks                                  

Attached Thumbnails

• bubba 002.JPG

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 8 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 03:00 PM

I can understand what you have done. Best friends are hard to come by!

• hamman, OkieGt and T Guiles have said thanks

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 03:10 PM

What a wonderful thing to do . Tears on in my eyes as I'm writing this I dread the day when I'm in your shoes
  • hamman, KennyP, OkieGt and 1 other said thanks

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 03:37 PM

In January we lost our Molly. She was a 15yo Siberian Husky Akita mix. They are just one of the kids. Awsome memorial to Bubba Boy. Sorry for your loss. Roger.

• Alc, KennyP, OkieGt and 1 other said thanks

#5 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 03:43 PM

I sent this to my sons who  may be facing this too soon.I it is heart felt.

• Alc, hamman, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 04:05 PM

My wife and I lost our 10 year old Teddy Bear Yorkie a few months ago, he was the bravest and most loyal dog you could imagine, It's not as nice as yours but "Theadore" has a monument in our yard as well. It wont be long before I'm facing that with my Rottweiler Augustus Gustav, "GUS", I swear that dog understands every word I say

• Alc, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 04:48 PM

Great memorial to Bubba Boy. We lost our Rottweiler to cancer a few years ago. It's always a tough time! 

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Very nice!!!

I assume that's Bubba in the fourth picture.  I hope I'm not the only one who sees him!

#9 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 05:15 PM

We also lost our dog to Cancer and I would like to tell you that we have not given our dogs tap water since we found out how bad it is for animals. All animals big and small cannot eat and drink the processed foods and chemically treated water we do without getting sick and dying a early death. It is the reason they use animals for experiments, it shortens the process for finding out what it will do to us. All our animal drink filtered water as we do, we also filter out bath/shower water. Also adding a small amount of vinegar to their water will make them healthier and more tick/flea resistant. I agree that in the most part our water is cleaner than it was 50-100years ago, BUT we are now facing pollutants like heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, PCBs and the residue of the cleaning process in our water. I believe they should give us a report about what our water actually contains, but around here they dont even say its water. We got a notice in the mail Thursday that said we failed the federal water quality standards from April of 2012 until July of 2013, part of the letter stated that the ONLY reason we were getting the letter is that the federal government was forcing them to notify customers when the water district failed to meet standards. They were EVER going to tell us EVER.. I've been on the Fox TV affiliate twice (they broadcast live from my house with me washing my tractors, the only way I would use the water) demanding accountability so far our local DEQ is saying they dont know why residents need to know either since it would just scare them, WHAT!!!!

Edited by OkieGt, August 24, 2013 - 07:26 PM.

• hamman, LilysDad and T Guiles have said thanks

#10 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 05:16 PM

Very nice!!!

I assume that's Bubba in the fourth picture.  I hope I'm not the only one who sees him!

Uh I dont see a picture of Bubba, hmmmm

• T Guiles said thank you

#11 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 06:51 PM

Here are some pictures of my Bubba Boy...bubba.jpg                                                                                                                bubba 6.jpg                                                                                                              bubba 7.jpg                                                                                                              bubba 9.jpg                                                                                                              bubba 10.jpg                                                                                                            bubba memory.jpg                                                                                                    bubba memory 2.jpg                                   He sure was a good one

Attached Thumbnails

• bubba 2.jpg

• MH81, hamman, LilysDad and 2 others have said thanks

#12 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 07:13 PM

I myself will never have any other breed than a Rottweiler. They are the smartest most loyal companions in the world. Gus has been my companion through thick and thin, and even when I really didn't deserve a friend, he was there as he is always.

67510019.jpg

#13 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• Member No: 8405
  • 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 09:56 PM

awesome tribute!!! we lost a toyfox-rat terrier mix a few years back. I cried like a baby when we put him in the ground. our preacher even came over a did a small service for him. so sorry for your loss!!
  • OkieGt and T Guiles have said thanks

#14 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 10:30 PM

That's a tough loss to deal with. Very nice memorial.