• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dsmithjr OFFLINE  

dsmithjr

• Member No: 7649
  • 49 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 07:07 AM

The First Annual Southern Kentucky Cub Cadet Club Plow Day sponsored by Harmony Acres Farm.

1)      Location: 2184 Ard Ridge Rd Nancy Ky 18 miles west of Somerset Ky- Road conditions are 2 lane and very good from the Somerset area. There are several ways in and out. There is plenty of restaurants and lodging in the Somerset area. A map will be posted at a later date.

2)      Date: Saturday September 21st 2013

3)      Cost-FREE-however donations are needed for port a johns/advertising the event.

4)      Times: Arrival and Set up 8:00am thru 10:30am/Official Start Welcome and introductions/ Lunch and Club Photos 12:00/Plowing starts at 1:00/Mowing and other implements starts at 2:00/Parade and Ride and Drive starts at 4:00/Closing at 5:00/Loading and Clean up at 6:00 **All times are estimates and subject to change. Events may overlap**. All participants must be off property by 10PM unless prior arrangements are made with Harmony Acres

5)Events.

a.       Arrival- this will be the time for unloading and setting up your machines

b.      Welcome-this will be a time to welcome all participants and for Club members to be introduced. During this time we will be taking photos for the Club album and having a lunch break.

c.       Plowing-this time will be for plowing demonstrations

d.      Mowing-this time will be for mowing demonstrations and any other implements such as disc,blades,tillers,ect.

e.       Parade-this time will be for a parade around the farm riding our tractors.

f.       Closing-this time will be for saying good bye and any statements about the events by club members.

g.      Loading- this time we will load and clean up.

6)       Bathroom Facilities- We will be renting port a johns and I will be asking each participant for a donation to help with this cost. Any money that is above the cost will be donated to charity in the name of the club and Harmony Acres.

7)      Food- Bring your own cooler/Food/Drinks.The nearest restaurant will be in Nancy, Ky several miles from the farm.

8)      Parking and Unloading-there is plenty of level parking area. The will be a designated unloading area and a separate parking area. There is plenty of room to turn a truck and trailer (full size pick and 16ft trailer). If you have a very long trailer please notify me ahead of time so I can give you extra room.

9)      Storage- there will be onsite covered storage available for short time storage. ALL storage requests must be submitted 10 days prior to the show date and must be pre approved by Harmony Acres.

10)  General Rules- these are common sense but I still have to make sure everyone understands what will be allowed.

a.       NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED

b.      NO PARKING OR UNLOADING OUT OF THE DESIGNATED AREAS

c.       ALL TRACTORS MUST BE DISABLED IF UNATTENDED: EXAMPLE DON’T LEAVE THE KEYS IN THEM AND TURN THE FUEL OFF IF YOU’RE NOT GOING TO BE WITH IT.

d.      NO OPERATING TRACTORS OR EQUIPMENT OUT OF THE DESIGNATED AREAS.

e.       ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A LIABITILY WAIVER. SOUTHERN KENTUCKY CUB CADET CLUB AND HARMONY ACRES WILL NOT BE RESPONISIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS/THEFTS OR DAMAGES.

Attached Files

• KennyP and JRJ have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 12:07 PM

That's the same day Daniel plans to have his!

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yep, same day as mine.  A shame too, as I'd have been at this plow day if it had been another day.

#4 dsmithjr OFFLINE  

dsmithjr

• 49 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 09:16 PM

I dont mean to sound rude but I dont know who Daniel is. We didnt plan it to interfere with another plow day that is just the day the farm was available for us to use. olcowhand,  if there is some way to check when plow days are scheduled maybe next time we can schedule differently. I would love to attend more myself.

Thanks Don

• olcowhand said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 04:39 AM

I dont mean to sound rude but I dont know who Daniel is. We didnt plan it to interfere with another plow day that is just the day the farm was available for us to use. olcowhand,  if there is some way to check when plow days are scheduled maybe next time we can schedule differently. I would love to attend more myself.

Thanks Don

Daniel is olcowhand.

http://gardentractor...owgtt-plow-day/

#6 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Same here. I'd love to add another plow day to the schedule (especially since it's so close to me!!!!). Hopefully next years are on different dates!

Good luck and post up some pictures of those Cub Diesels plowing.

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 03:52 PM

Next year we'll try to get together making our plow day dates so more can attend both events.  Nancy is the closest plow day ever to me.

#8 dsmithjr OFFLINE  

dsmithjr

• 49 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Question Guys how come my Plow day doesn't show in the events section on the main page? Am I getting bumped because of the date conflict?

#9 dsmithjr OFFLINE  

dsmithjr

• 49 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Our sponsor farm Harmony Acres is donating three trophy plaques 1)Peoples Choice 2) Oldest tractor 3) farther distance driven to attend for the SKCC PLOW DAY. There will also be dash plaques for the first twenty exhibitors.

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Question Guys how come my Plow day doesn't show in the events section on the main page? Am I getting bumped because of the date conflict?

I'm sorry I didn't see this before now. The event needs to be added to the calendar to show.
I think this is the right link, please verify date before entering info.
http://gardentractor.../day-2013-09-21

#11 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 07:44 AM

After the Bama Gang gets finished plowing Daniel's field, maybe we need to load up and go crash the party..............reckon they would notice a dozen or so GREEN tractors playing amongst them?        lol

• KennyP and dsmithjr have said thanks

#12 dsmithjr OFFLINE  

dsmithjr

• 49 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:42 AM

Robert we would love to see some GREEN tractors we like them all!