#16 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 08:49 AM

No, your engine is a Briggs. note the location of the oil dipstick and fill on the pictures Casey posted compared to yours. Casey's is a Clinton.

Guess I better take a closer look at it. :thumbs: I don't want to be looking for the wrong carb. Thanks

#17 andy andy OFFLINE  

andy andy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10787
  • 41 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 12:45 PM

TRAIL95

I did some checking the motor on yours is the same as mine other than color mine has a 1 1/2 stroke which would make it a briggs 5S just thought i would let you know

andy in crumstown

• Traill95 said thank you

#18 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 06:32 PM

TRAIL95

I did some checking the motor on yours is the same as mine other than color mine has a 1 1/2 stroke which would make it a briggs 5S just thought i would let you know

andy in crumstown

Thanks.. I was busy with honey do's today :(  so didn't  have time to check it out.

#19 traktrjorj OFFLINE  

traktrjorj

• Contributor
  • Member No: 66
  • 45 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 10:01 PM

Maybe I Can help you.  Glad to see someone connected with this site purchased the 2 Georges.  I did see one was missing the engagement rod from the handle bar to the left drive engagement pulley.  What you have is the model LG.  It could be purchased with either the Clinton or Briggs engine from the factory. There were a few dealers, farm stores like "standard hatcheries", catalogs, etc. that carried them. Probably the biggest seller attachment was the sickle bar. Most of the early ones were painted silver frame and a blue wheel. The first ones had an aluminum wheel but within a couple years they were replaced with a cast wheel. Most all the attachments available would all fit the later built 2 wheel  22B2 model. There is actually a cultivator on ebay right now but I had to tell the owner what he had and what it fit. It has the quick attach that will not fit the LG but the cultivator will. A cultivator, plow, front blade, sickle mower, and a quick hitch to adapt a reel mower to the front was available. The first gas tanks were mounted front to back between 2 upper support brackets behind the motor. Later they changed the tank to up front mounted on the shroud., then in 1953 the frame was reconfigured with extra support plates and a different handle bar configuration similar to the 22B2 model. They were also sold by National and by the Speigel Catalog. I have an owners manual from the Speigel branded one. No differences as far as I can see. I will try to post it in the manual section this week if I can so you all can use it.I grew up a few miles from the plant , my wife lived 3 blks from the plant and I own almost every model of George that came out of the plant including the 3 different versions of the LG. Some will say the George garden tractors were just a tad better than a push plow Personally, I had a push plow and the Georges seem to work considerably better. Good luck with your George projects, Traktrjorj/ Gary

George LG  1952 crop.jpg

George LG adv..jpg

• DougT, MH81, Alc and 4 others have said thanks

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:09 AM

Neat picture (is that yours?) and literature.
I had to laugh, the brochure says the sickle bar is "92% vibration free"... As compared to what? :D. I love old adverts.

Love to see the whole collection Gary. Thanks for the info.

#21 traktrjorj OFFLINE  

traktrjorj

• Contributor
  • Member No: 66
  • 45 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 05:47 PM

I have loaded the George LG owners manual. Yes, this is mine at a Museum in Tuscola, Il. At the time they were putting on a Farm Equipment presentation for 3 months. I had 5 Vintage Garden tractors on display.

• Alc said thank you

#22 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:48 PM

T

I have loaded the George LG owners manual. Yes, this is mine at a Museum in Tuscola, Il. At the time they were putting on a Farm Equipment presentation for 3 months. I had 5 Vintage Garden tractors on display.

Thanks for the pictures and I will be downloading the manual soon. Thanks for posting  that also. I bought the George as an afterthought when I was buying the Choremasters. I had intentions of getting it running and reselling it. I am not sure what I want to do with it now. It needs a few parts changed and now I see it needs a few parts it doesn't have also. :thumbs:

#23 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 08:33 PM

I JUST got one of these today!  It is a gift from a family member and it's covered in gunk!  But it's so cool that I can't stop cleaning it.  It's all backwards though.  I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.  

#24 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12382
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 08:09 AM

London Ontario ! cool did not know they were sold up here. Course I always remembered what Archie Bunker said too ! Neat old advert. Cheers Mike